TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited March 25, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
818059228_7dWQP-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    I think this would look better in B&W rolleyes1.gif .

Usually I don't like the bike shots too much, only because people are fascinated with them and I'm on bike overload. I'm on a mission to take a bike shot myself that looks different from the millions of others out there.

But this I like! The colors and perspective are fantastic--the repetition is great too--great job.

About the b&w, I bet it would actually look cool because of the repetition, but the color is just great.

PS, the latest mini challenge is "Down Low" and this qualifies!!! just fyi.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    I think this would look better in B&W rolleyes1.gif .

Usually I don't like the bike shots too much, only because people are fascinated with them and I'm on bike overload. I'm on a mission to take a bike shot myself that looks different from the millions of others out there.

But this I like! The colors and perspective are fantastic--the repetition is great too--great job.

About the b&w, I bet it would actually look cool because of the repetition, but the color is just great.

PS, the latest mini challenge is "Down Low" and this qualifies!!! just fyi.
    I don't know what the "mini challenge" is, but I suppose I can check into it.

It was the color that appealed to me with this shot, but there's a story here.
    When I processed this, the greenish color of the sidewalk bothered me. I
    thought sidewalks were that gray concrete color. I went back to the bike shop
    where this was taken and found that this section of sidewalk was once painted
    green, but the paint is now faded to the color in the photo.

I also had a white balance problem. The bike tire whitewalls are not really white
    and the only real white is that little design area of the front bike's fork.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    I love this one, Tony. The plethora of colors just sucks me right in. The composition is also very good.

I can really associate with your remarks to Liz about the concrete color, etc. There are many areas in old St. Augustine where the sidewalks are actually done in bluish or pinkish colored concrete. They can really play hell with the perceived color balance of the shot.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Nice... I like the colors and framing, almost too much DOF for my tastes, but a nice shot.

I go to Orlando now and then.... I'll be on the look out for a guy wearing Groucho Marks glasses and I'll say hi. :D
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Wonderful shot! I do like the color processing, though it would do well in b&w also. I guess they are matching rim colors to frames nowadays.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Roadkill wrote:
    Nice... I like the colors and framing, almost too much DOF for my tastes, but a nice shot.

I go to Orlando now and then.... I'll be on the look out for a guy wearing Groucho Marks glasses and I'll say hi. :D

If you ever want to hook up, email.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    Well seen and imaged Tony. The colors captured and the line of infinity out
    are really nice. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    Oh yes! Beautiful shot! I think the almost-square frame makes a huge difference here... Good call.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr