Can I keep this one Dad

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited March 25, 2010 in People
Took this one yesterday, my daughter was in love with this particular boxer pup (neighbors had a liter of 6). C&C welcomed.

818449376_3ZiP5-L.jpg

Thanks for taking a look,
Devin
Devin

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    I like this, but my initial reaction was that she had a really rotten day and was just in her safe place. The darker tone seemed to reinforce that. I'd get rid of that really bright spot in the upper right.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Hi ya Andrew, good point.. i thought i went a bit to far on the post, but the right side of her hair was really blown out. i'll post up a diff version in a bit. thanks for your input.
    Devin
    edited March 24, 2010
    ok - reworked this a bit. does this work better?
    818645825_yZmQD-L.jpg

oh - and here is her twin sister that reacts completely different than her younger (by 3 hrs) sis (diff puppy of course lol3.gif
    818645570_88bdN-L.jpg

I had some harsh sun on their right side.. and struggle a bit in post on getting it balanced (without going somewhere radically different on post)
    Devin
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Like the second one better. She is so serious...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Well, did she get to keep one? :D
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
    edited March 24, 2010
    Wachel wrote:
    Well, did she get to keep one? :D

no way.. we already have a bull mastiff, a wheaton terrier & a large manx cat rolleyes1.gif
    Devin
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    I like the second edition better as well. I just wish there could have been a tad more light on the face to balance out the strong backlighting on the hair and make the puppy show up a little better. But with that said I will say I am on my work computer with a crappy monitor that tends to make everything darker than it really is.

Your daughter are precious!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
    edited March 25, 2010
    rhondavid wrote:
    I like the second edition better as well. I just wish there could have been a tad more light on the face to balance out the strong backlighting on the hair and make the puppy show up a little better. But with that said I will say I am on my work computer with a crappy monitor that tends to make everything darker than it really is.

Your daughter are precious!

Thanks for saying so David - and yes, i should have used even the on board flash to balance it out a bit.. I tried to have them turn to even the light out from the setting sun, but then i got the dreaded squints (on both her and the pup). oh well - i'll keep at it, thanks for taking a look.
    Devin