bfjr wrote:
    2 are trying to survive

3 are trying to ignore

ne_nau.gif:D

I count them the same way... Thanks!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 26, 2010
    Rainbow,

I have looked at this one several times. I want to like it, but something isn't working and I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is exactly. My first thought was that it's too neat and clean. My second thought was that it's too familiar, not from photography but from daily life. It seemed a little flat, so I tried playing with the contrast some, but that didn't convince me either. Too high a shooting angle, perhaps? headscratch.gifscratch ne_nau.gif
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Rainbow,

I have looked at this one several times. I want to like it, but something isn't working and I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is exactly. My first thought was that it's too neat and clean. My second thought was that it's too familiar, not from photography but from daily life. It seemed a little flat, so I tried playing with the contrast some, but that didn't convince me either. Too high a shooting angle, perhaps? headscratch.gifscratch ne_nau.gif
    Maybe its the only slightly tilted horizon. That can be subliminally off-putting! headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Rainbow,

Thanks for the assessment. Probably not the shooting angle -- shooting upward at the walking men. But it may be that the faces of the three walking guys captures the attention whereas the subjects of interest are the other two...
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Maybe its the only slightly tilted horizon. That can be subliminally off-putting! headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

Don

Good observation, but I don't think that is what is at play here... Thanks!