Options

Coulourful Vizion

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited March 29, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Originally took this when shooting for the dss #46 challenge, it didn't fit the theme But since I like it I thought I'd post it here to see what others think.

c&c always appreciated.

810831891_kd2k5-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking

Peter
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    The thing that impresses me is that you are not in it other than your (?) shadow at the lower left. Every time I try one of these it ends up as a self-portrait.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    Amazed me too that your not in the photo :D
  • Options
    RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    He's in the photo, looks like he was using some tele here, but he's right in the center and he is right handed and it was shot as a vertical.

oops, forgot to add that I like it, I might burn the background a bit and try and give it some pop... contrast, color sat... maybe
  • Options
    astrostuastrostu Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    It's a bit busy for my tastes, but I like the concept and contrast between the colored globe and the B&W background.

Body: Canon 350D, Canon 7D
    Lenses: Canon 35mm f/1.4L, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-4.5, Quantaray 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6, Quantaray 600-1000mm f/9.6-16
    Flashes: Canon 430EX, Canon 580EX II
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2010
    Roadkill wrote:
    He's in the photo, looks like he was using some tele here, but he's right in the center and he is right handed and it was shot as a vertical.

I see it now :D
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    Finally found you in the shot. :D Nice way to set yourself back.
    Michael
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    Roadkill wrote:

First thing I saw eek7.gifwink.....cool shot though and good thinking to make himself as invisible a possible. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2010
    Roadkill wrote:

oops, forgot to add that I like it, I might burn the background a bit and try and give it some pop... contrast, color sat... maybe
    Damn you spotted me, there goes my day job as a spy. :D
    Thanks for the suggestions, I did get round to finishing the processing the other day & will post the new version at the end of the thread.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2010
    DaddyO wrote:
    Finally found you in the shot. :D Nice way to set yourself back.
    Thanks DaddyO.

Thanks Tony, Mary & Astrostu for commenting.
    When I saw these globes outside a new apartment development office I saw the shot as colour on a mono background. Almost like looking through the looking glass.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited March 28, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    First thing I saw eek7.gifwink.....cool shot though and good thinking to make himself as invisible a possible. clap.gif
    Cheers Matt.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited March 28, 2010
    Having made some more edits to give more pop here is the finished article, sans moi.

821694100_3NZGL-L.jpg
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited March 29, 2010
    AndMan wrote:
    Having made some more edits to give more pop here is the finished article, sans moi.

You could also take a more radical approach and do a square crop entirely within the sphere. It would end up looking like a watercolor shot with a fisheye. Just sayin'. :D
  • Options
    RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Looks better... but now that red dot in the center is driving me nuts... Laughing.gif
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2010
    You disappeared :D