Dancing Bird

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited April 4, 2010 in Landscapes
Took my new 7D on 1st ride. Tried spot focusing through the fence 6 or 7 feet away.

819972276_Szagr-XL.jpg

thought it is more about colors textures and fence so posted here.
Any body want a full resolution pic for evaluation, just let me know. It was shot with 100mm macro 2.8 handheld at 1/200. A lot detail, at least for me.
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    That's pretty darned good!

…considering it was taken through a fence!

You've almost gotten rid of the fence, although I'm sure you were as close as possible to (almost touching) the fence…

…I'd have tried to get one with the fence in focus, and this great splurge of blue & peacock blobs in the BG (…just 'cos you're there, and what the hell! …max opportunity etc. :D )

Nice job, though - and the eye is in focus - quite difficult with auto-focus; I'd have used manual…

Thanks for sharing!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    Thank Will.
    I was 5 to 6 feet away from fence that was quite small. Here is shot with normal AF from same distance, and next is with spot AF enabled, the same image i have posted earlier.

820028120_GU8mW-M.jpg

820027883_2Nnme-M.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Congrats on the new camera, Awais! Nice work, especially through a fence.

How do you take a photo with the focal points? I'm just curious. I love the effect because I really feel like I'm the one behind the lens :D
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Wow- what a beautiful display of color. Nice capture. The fence creates a 'compound eye' effect!
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    Congrats on the new camera, Awais! Nice work, especially through a fence.

How do you take a photo with the focal points? I'm just curious. I love the effect because I really feel like I'm the one behind the lens :D
    I think DPP will show you the focus points. If so, then he's just posted screen shots.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Thanks guys !

Yes Scott got it right, i posted screen shots of DPP. DPP don't show the spot focus point so i just added a red box within big box in PS myself mwink.gif

My Gallery