First Post - Garrapata State Park, CA.

PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited March 31, 2010 in Landscapes
Hey D'Grinners,

I've been lurking for some time and I'm very impressed with the quality of the photography and comments here. So, I figured it's time to join in the fun and post some shots.

These were taken recently at Garrapata State Park, between Carmel, CA. and Big Sur. It's a beautiful spot and I'm planning on going back when I have more time.

Any thoughts on the shots below? What works? What doesn't? What should I do differently next time?

Many thanks,

PC

4464269664_8c99bab227_o.jpg

4461121143_1357627f5f_o.jpg

4459382016_5ec7d478bd_o.jpg
flickr
I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!

Comments

• ManticoreManticore Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    Very nice work, indeed! I don't think I'd change anything about them - you nailed all three! I'm hoping to get down that way this summer. It's been a while ...
    - Steve

D300S, MB10, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16 2.8, SB800

http://www.justastateofmind.com
  • ClamrollClamroll Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    All three of them are great, you should be proud of each. Something about the wave in #1.. personally I'd like it if the wave was as crisp as the rest of the image, but it's a minor quibble.

Great work, and welcome to dgrin :)
    Please Look At My Photography!
    http://www.AndyCalnan.com/
  • Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    Nice work. I like the surreal dreamy nature of the water from the longer exposure. It contrasts nicely with the sharper rocks.
    Doug Vaughn
    http://www.dougvaughn.com
    Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.
  • PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    Thanks for the nice comments and the warm welcome. I'd like to get down there again too, it's a beautiful place.

PC
    flickr
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    +1, you really got THE shot for this place! And +2 on needing to head down there, especially at a time of the year when sunsets aren't completely overcast. Which probably means time's running out!

Thanks for the inspiration. Wow.
  • PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    +1, you really got THE shot for this place! And +2 on needing to head down there, especially at a time of the year when sunsets aren't completely overcast. Which probably means time's running out!

Thanks for the inspiration. Wow.

I think you're being overly generous, but thank you for the comments. It is really appreciated.

PC
    flickr
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2010
    Welcome! wave.gif

#1 - Love this shot. Love how the surf draws one into to the photo. The colors are gorgeous. I really like the light - quality and direction of the light are just superb! I think you really nailed this shot. thumb.gif!

The other two are very, very nice as well, but I think the best of the three is the first!
  • BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    Very Nice Work! clap.gif
    # 1 is my favorite! Love the light!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    I hope you will post more and often--these are excellent! I echo Scott's comments about #1--it's the best of the bunch, IMO, but all three are very attractive shots.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    The third one is excellent.