An Ongoing Adventure

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited March 29, 2010 in Landscapes
Not a bad couple of days--but not as good as I'd have liked. This is the fourth of five trips I've made to the area in the last month or so.

This butte is for the most part hidden. It lies in a wide meadow of sorts and isn't visible from the road a mile or two away. I saw it during a hike to the top of another butte the day before.

Hidden Hill
680-butte-r7163.jpg

Although I got several shots I like, this is one of the better ones. My eyes are dry and from the hiking I've been doing lately and I feel like I have had a set of wrenches implanted thoughout my legs, back, and head (slightly dehydrated). I need to take a couple days off and process the rest later.

The Great Escape
680-fence-post-r7205.jpg

Now that I look at these, maybe it wasn't as good a trip as I thought. Glad I'm saving the rest for later ;)

Here's one I thought was great, but I'm going to try to reshoot it in a few days, and maybe later in the morning.

The Easy Chair
680-easy-chair-r7101w-v2.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2010
    Nice series, that chair in the meadow is such an interesting subject I'm sure.
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • d7freestylerd7freestyler Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2010
    I love the little wildflowers.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2010
    Joashots wrote:
    Nice series, that chair in the meadow is such an interesting subject I'm sure.

Thanks Joash. I took about a dozen shots before and while the sun was rising. I didn't notice the arm in most of the shots was inline with the bush on the horizon and made the whole shot look goofy. I showed the photo to my sister-in-law and first thing she said was, "That would look nice if the flowers were taller." ... Out of the mouths of babes I guess...

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited March 27, 2010
    I love the little wildflowers.

Thank you. The flowers are goldfields, Lasthenia californiaca. They grow between 4-8" tall and as thick as 400-800 per square foot. For little-tiny flowers they put on quite a show.
    Anybody can do it.
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2010
    Nice series, Walter. The middle shot is gorgeous and I hope you get another crack at the chair shot.
    edited March 28, 2010
    Nice series, Walter. The middle shot is gorgeous and I hope you get another crack at the chair shot.

Thank you christinamae. I'm trying the chair shot again tomorrow. The fencepost is better than the rest of the shots I took in the immediate area that morning. If they're going to look that close I'll stick with the post.

Goldfield
    788--goldfields-r719293.jpg

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2010
    I love the first one. Very nice. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2010
    Those are gorgeous. And I especially like the one with the chair too. I didn't think I would at first, but it seems to go along with the flow of the photograph nicely.
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Great post Walter, good to see you are out taking full advantage of this amazing season.
    edited March 29, 2010
    shniks wrote:
    I love the first one. Very nice. thumb.gif

Thank you.
    thomasjm wrote:
    Those are gorgeous. And I especially like the one with the chair too. I didn't think I would at first, but it seems to go along with the flow of the photograph nicely.

Thanks. I'm hoping the poppies got thicker over the last few warm days--I'm leaving in a few minutes to go see.
    Great post Walter, good to see you are out taking full advantage of this amazing season.

Thanks Marc. The season has been a little slow getting started around here, but a wonderful chance to explore the ramparts and out-of-the-way places.

-
    Anybody can do it.