Secret waterways

Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
edited March 29, 2010 in Landscapes
I went off trail, following the sound of water falling and rushing. I'm really glad I did. It seems almost no one goes to this particular spot above the gorge that is the big attraction.

4466267811_de0e168089_b.jpg

Just to the right of this shot, the water constricts down into this narrow channel and makes the first of its drops into the gorge which is unfortunately almost impossible to photograph from down in it due to where you have to stand and lots of trees in the way -

4466267831_5a0e34e42c_b.jpg

This is the part of the gorge that is most popular and thus everyone pretty much walks by the first two shots, them being off trail doesn't help either.

4425573042_00929e82a8_b.jpg

Anyway...all were shot with an Olympus E-30 and the awesome 12-60mm ZD lens. Polarizer and Lightroom adjustments, too. Comments welcome.

Comments

• JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2010
    beautiul area- I like #1, with the three cascades and sense of motion in the pool.
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • ritewingerritewinger Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2010
    So, what gorge is that? I won't tell anybody...:D
    These are nice shots, well done....
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2010
    It's Pulpit Rock conservation area in a tiny town in a tiny state in New England. Sort of a hidden gem actually.
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Nice set. #1 is really nice. Thanks for sharing.
  • kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Nice set and thanks for the location i've added that to places to visit. Kevin.
    kscott
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Thanks folks. I went there 4 times under various lighting conditions and temperatures. When it leafs out and then changes color in the fall it will be really crazy.