My first post

JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited August 11, 2005 in People
I've posted once before but it did not include a photo! This is one of my favorite shots of my 2 year old daughter. I know it's not as sharp as I'd like it to be but I still love it! Let me know what you think! BTW I LOVE this forum - such great photographers and excellent info for a beginner like me. I finally got a Nikon D70s but have just been getting used to it. I shot this pic with my N75 and scanned it in.

29874656-M.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Jnichols wrote:
    I've posted once before but it did not include a photo! This is one of my favorite shots of my 2 year old daughter. I know it's not as sharp as I'd like it to be but I still love it! Let me know what you think! BTW I LOVE this forum - such great photographers and excellent info for a beginner like me. I finally got a Nikon D70s but have just been getting used to it. I shot this pic with my N75 and scanned it in.

Hi Jen wave.gif Welcome! I can see why you love this shot! she's adorable. Sometimes it's not about the sharpness or the depth of field or anything.. it's just a great shot to keep forever!
    Glad to have you aboard.
    Lynn
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    thumb.gif Way to capture the moment, Jen! thumb.gif

Welcome to dgrin! And I'm glad you are a D70s user - we Nikon users need to balance out all of those Canon'ites around heremwink.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    wave.gif Hi.

Have to agree with lynnema, you've captured the moment well, that infectious grin is enough to paint a smile on anyone's face. clap.gif
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Jen wave.gif Welcome! I can see why you love this shot! she's adorable. Sometimes it's not about the sharpness or the depth of field or anything.. it's just a great shot to keep forever!
    Glad to have you aboard.
    Lynn
    Thank you so much. I absolutely love taking pictures of my girls. I'm learning so much from this forum! I can't get enough.
    edited August 11, 2005

Welcome to dgrin! And I'm glad you are a D70s user - we Nikon users need to balance out all of those Canon'ites around heremwink.gif
    Wow thanks! Oh and I'm a Nikon user for life... my dad has always had a Nikon and I guess I'm just attached.
    edited August 11, 2005
    SnapHappy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi.

Have to agree with lynnema, you've captured the moment well, that infectious grin is enough to paint a smile on anyone's face. clap.gif
    I know I smile when I see it! My girls are my heart! Thank you for your encouragement.
  • melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Oh how cute! i have a simliar picture of my son that I just crack up every time I see it....

25487586-M.jpg
    Missy Ü
  • StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    My first post also
    Seems that is a popular subject this summer. This is my niece. She spent 6 weeks with me for her summer break. She looked so funny in this shot. She kept asking me if she looked like Scuba Steve from "Big Daddy" rolleyes1.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 11, 2005

15524779-Ti.gif15524779-Ti.gif15524779-Ti.gif