edited March 29, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Please Provide C&C of this shot from the WTC Site
Thanks
Stephen

821478878_wg3eW-X2.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 29, 2010
    It's a nice architectural shot, but it leaves me wanting to see what's going on down at the bottom. I imagine that's where the action is. Good conversion.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    sdnydude wrote:
    Please Provide C&C of this shot from the WTC Site
    Thanks
    Stephen

821478878_wg3eW-X2.jpg

Again, Stephen - You see interesting things, but unfortunately you assume that all your viewers spend allot of time in lower Manhattan, particularly around the WTC site. You have to remember that we are now in 2010, and these kinds of shots do not say World Trade Center, 911, or even New York, to most people outside the NY metro area. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • sdnydudesdnydude Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Again, Stephen - You see interesting things, but unfortunately you assume that all your viewers spend allot of time in lower Manhattan, particularly around the WTC site. You have to remember that we are now in 2010, and these kinds of shots do not say World Trade Center, 911, or even New York, to most people outside the NY metro area. rolleyes1.gif

Hi BD and Richard,

BD context within each shot is definitely a focus of my efforts moving forward - I am workign to step outside of my locale more. This shot is definitely lacking overall context to those outside of NYC or not familiar wit the location of J&R, but what I found interesting about it was the crossed cranes with the Church. The cranes happened to be left in that position on a Sunday, and I found the juxtaposition unique and interesting.

Richard, The crane cabs themselves were hidden behind a covered fence. If I could have caught more of the sight I agree that the shot would be more interesting and telling.

Thanks for your continued C&C. It is very helpful. I am looking forward to applying them in my shots moving forward.

All the best
    Stephen