Options

Watermark Existing Photos Using Multiple Gallery Setting

NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited March 30, 2010 in Bug Reporting
I've encountered this using IE and FF in the past and notice that it is still happening so I finally decided to mention it.

When editing a gallery's settings, you have the option of applying to just that gallery or multiple galleries. This feature works great to be sure, but the watermarking setting behaves differently once you select "Multiple Galleries". If you only are changing the watermark for a single gallery, you are asked if you want to apply to all existing photos. However, you are not prompted with that question when multiple galleries are selected. Therefore, I see no way of changing watermarks on more than one gallery at a time. Is this the intended behavior of the watermarking setting when attempting to change it on multiple galleries?

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 30, 2010
    Hi,

It is intended behavior at this time. Watermarking creates new display copies of the photos. That is processor intense. For now, we do not allow bulk watermarking. We are looking at this feature currently to see what we can do. Sorry for the confusion.
    --Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2010
    docwalker wrote:
    Hi,

It is intended behavior at this time. Watermarking creates new display copies of the photos. That is processor intense. For now, we do not allow bulk watermarking. We are looking at this feature currently to see what we can do. Sorry for the confusion.
    --Doc

Thank you for the diagnosis and prognosis, Doc.