What do you think?

WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited March 29, 2010 in People
Still learning off camera flash so CC is welcome.

Bright window on camera left. Flash into an umbrella, upper camera right.

p1006866713-4.jpg
Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook

Comments

• slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2010
    Well, I'm no expert but...

VERY cute kid & I love his expression, but I don't care for the shadows on his face and his left eye is too dark for me. I would have had him more facing the window to brighten his face and add those high-lights to his eyes.

Sherry
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2010
    slpollett wrote:
    Well, I'm no expert but...

VERY cute kid & I love his expression, but I don't care for the shadows on his face and his left eye is too dark for me. I would have had him more facing the window to brighten his face and add those high-lights to his eyes.

Sherry

Thank you for the feedback! It is funny the things you don't notice when it is your own kid. Now that you point out the darkness on his left eye it stands out like a sore thumb to me. Hmm. Well, I will put some more thought into the shoot next time since these weren't really planned.

Thanks again.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2010
    Where was he relative to the window? In general, you want to be a bit past the window.
    Very cute young man!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Wachel wrote:
    Thank you for the feedback! It is funny the things you don't notice when it is your own kid. Now that you point out the darkness on his left eye it stands out like a sore thumb to me. Hmm. Well, I will put some more thought into the shoot next time since these weren't really planned.

Thanks again.
    I am an expert ... well, I mean ... I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once :D

You've got a good start here - you've at least got him to sit still long enough to make a photograph and, with children of that age, that can sometimes be the toughest part of the shoot. deal.gif

Turn your little man a bit more towards the window light to reduce the cross-lighting effect a bit. Move your fill a little more around to the front to better fill the shadows.