My first newborn session...

Kevin KramerKevin Kramer Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited March 30, 2010 in People
Yikes I never knew this was going to be challenging. A friend of mine just recently had a child a month ago, and she wanted some newborn (well.. one month photos) done. The baby wasn't very happy to be woken up so we tried our best to work on the feet and hands also during the shoot.

Here's what we came up with and thanks for looking!

luke.jpg
Nikon D300s and Nikon D7000
Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Tokina 11-16 2.8
2 SB-900 and 2 SB-600's
website | blog | facebook

Comments

• johnny lichtmannjohnny lichtmann Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    You've done well here, the parents would love these. The toy peeking out is a good touch too. Special memories recorded.

I took 3000 pix a month of my newborn! Maybe I overdone it. Now he's 2 and a half and it is a struggle to get him to make eye contact with the lens!
    thumb.gif
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Was it necessary to wake the baby? Sleeping baby pictures can be so beautifully done.

I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with these images you've captured. It seems like a little processing could really make these stand out a bit more. :)
    Kristen
  • Kevin KramerKevin Kramer Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    You've done well here, the parents would love these. The toy peeking out is a good touch too. Special memories recorded.

I took 3000 pix a month of my newborn! Maybe I overdone it. Now he's 2 and a half and it is a struggle to get him to make eye contact with the lens!
    thumb.gif
    Thank you! It's his "Favorite Monkey" and i made sure it was watching over him while he slept. My dauther is 2 and she is just coming back around to the camera. For a year whenever she saw me, she would run away.. so now when she sees a camera, she says "daddy!"
    kris10jo wrote:
    Was it necessary to wake the baby? Sleeping baby pictures can be so beautifully done.

I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with these images you've captured. It seems like a little processing could really make these stand out a bit more. :)
    we tried not to wake the baby. The mother actually wanted him to sleep a little more, but once he heard some walking and whispering in the room, he woke up. We then tried so many shots, but he just wasn't having it. So we made a plan to come back every three months for the portraits.

Thanks again!!
    2 SB-900 and 2 SB-600's
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Nice job. I really like the one in the upper-left against the black BG. What does your friend thing of this?
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Kevin KramerKevin Kramer Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2010
    Mike J wrote:
    Nice job. I really like the one in the upper-left against the black BG. What does your friend thing of this?
    she loved them which is what i wanted to hear..

She was actually wearing a sweatshirt and I had to photoshop everything out in the background..

this is what it looked like prior to post...

DSC_0602.jpg

and then, of course.. afterwards:

DSC_0602copy.jpg

Of course realizing that underneath him, you can still see small shades of her sweatshirt.. which I'm not too pleased about.. but again, she loved them.
    2 SB-900 and 2 SB-600's