Six portraits of Irina

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited August 12, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Sorry for so much photos in a post, but...
This was a rare case, when I was asked to take portraits (usualy I myself ask permission). I was getting prints at photocenter and this young lady saw the results of my 'photosession'. Overcoming the confusion, she asked me if I could take some photos... I gave her my phone number and yesterday she called...
Here are the results (I gave her prints and she was happy)
2615.jpg
2616.jpg
2617.jpg
2618.jpg
2619.jpg
2614.jpg

I tried to make different photos.
What do you think?
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Hello Yuri, it does make one feel good to get asked to take pictures for a change. A very nice series, but I especially like #2 & #4. thumb.gif #1 is a bit too grainy for my liking, but I am sure that Irina will like all of them.

regards
    alan
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Yuri.. I love them all, whenever you post I always call my husband to come see. You make me feel like never taking a portrait again:cry I have so much to learn. Your backgrounds are amazing, the texture, the grit. To me, every portrait you take seems more beautiful than the last.iloveyou.gif
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    I like them all, but I love the eyes in the 2nd one. I agree with lynnma about the backgrounds, they are interesting without being distracting. Congratulations about being asked to take the pictures, I'm sure that felt great.

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Priviet, dear friends!
    Sorry for so much photos in a post, but...
    This was a rare case, when I was asked to take portraits (usualy I myself ask permission). I was getting prints at photocenter and this young lady saw the results of my 'photosession'. Overcoming the confusion, she asked me if I could take some photos... I gave her my phone number and yesterday she called...
    Here are the results (I gave her prints and she was happy)I tried to make different photos.
    What do you think?
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    I am feeling brave today, so I am going to give the Master of Portraits some feedback. Again Yuri I am in awe, I have much to learn, now on to the good stuff.

#1 The grit is so high it looks as if she has freckles or something, then I see #2 and she has very smooth/soft colored skin. I recall you use OptikVerve's plugin, which I downloaded as well after you recommended it, but in this shot it appears overdone. Very nice eyes though.

#2 WOW

#3 I love the pose and composition. Hard to tell at this size, but it appears as if the focus is a little in front of the model. I.e. the bricks look a lot sharper than her eyes/hair.

#4-#6 Exemplary, I love the lighting. I wish I had half the 'eye' you have.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Yuri,
    Hi - I'm new to this forum and I just stumbled across your post - GREAT photos!! The sharpness of the eyes is so consistent, and the textures are compelling. Impressive!!
    ~Autumn
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    I think there great thumb.gif
    In fact every time I see your posts, I wanna go visit you so can tell me how and meet iloveyou.gif some of these subjects naughty.gif:D
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Hi Yuri,
    Once again, your eyes really speak out. I don't know what you say to these people, but you do put them at ease in front of your camera.

#3 really stood out for me. The contrast of the outfit and woman against the blackness. The flowing sleeves stand out very well. I like the softer look here, but agree with XO in that the bricks seem sharper than her. Love the shotclap.gif.

#4 I like your use of the background. It's interesting without it being distracting for me. The model get my first attention, but then I wander to the texture and color in the wall. Beautiful lighting on this one.

#5 has a greenish tint on my monitor, but then my monitor calibration hasn't been quite right since my computer meltdown.

I like the variety of poses here. I think she will be happy with her prints. I'm thinking #2 would be really good on the metallic paperthumb.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Very interesting
    My favorites are 3 and 4.

She didn't smile though in any of these portraits...

Love the locations shots... the grit, the peeling, rough surfaces against smooth skin...

#3 is very interesting on many levels to me, almost a statement of female strength and power without giving up a sense of vulnerability, a very odd pose that somehow works to make a statement.

I hope she was happy with these.
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Yuri,
    These are great. Since I've been on Dgrin, I've admired your portraits very much. I hope to one day have your skill and access to similar subjects.

I like #1 and #3 the best.

thumb.gif
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Yuri - Nice work! #2 is my favorite. I like the location(s?) you were shooting in. Nice contrast to the soft womanly form.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Spasibo vsem
    Spasibo vsem (Thanks to all of you), my dear friends!

I'll start posting my Siberia photos, but not sure what subforum to choose: it must be 'Landscapes, citiscapes and street'... though there will be portraits from time to time...
    What do you think?
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Spasibo vsem (Thanks to all of you), my dear friends!

I'll start posting my Siberia photos, but not sure what subforum to choose: it must be 'Landscapes, citiscapes and street'... though there will be portraits from time to time...
    What do you think?
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    I just took a peek at your posts of Muskva, very nice. I looks like it's in the right place. Too tired to respond in your other thread, but WOW:jawdrop.

Spasibo,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    2617.jpg

2619.jpg

Outstanding as usual Yuri, but these two are my favorites. You definately do the dreamy factor very nicely and the sharpness of the eys is just great.

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Hi Yuri
    I love them all, but find #4 especially appealing for its composition, and #5 for its lighting.

ann