Bargaining

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited April 6, 2010 in Street and Documentary
822751956_qUWf4-L.jpg

822752243_XUKuX-L.jpg

Canon 7D + 17-40L @ ISO 3200
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 30, 2010
    Nice work, Awais. I wonder if the first might have worked better with the focus on the guys in the foreground. I presume they're the ones doing the bargaining. I think the guy on the right is going to get the best of the deal. mwink.gif
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2010
    hand made ? how much ?
    what else do they sell ?
    Interesting images.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Nice work, Awais. I wonder if the first might have worked better with the focus on the guys in the foreground. I presume they're the ones doing the bargaining. I think the guy on the right is going to get the best of the deal. mwink.gif

I agree i should have focused main people rather than that guy in middle, but it was instant shot. Just wondering, won't the people looking into the lens even they are not main subject look distracting if they are OOF ? i always try to avoid that but dont know if it is right or wrongheadscratch.gif .
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited March 31, 2010
    bfjr wrote:
    hand made ? how much ?
    what else do they sell ?
    Interesting images.

Yes they are almost hand made, and they cost around 6$ or 7$. No idea what they sale apart from foot wear.
    thanks

My Gallery
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    Yes they are almost hand made, and they cost around 6$ or 7$. No idea what they sale apart from foot wear.
    thanks

Handmade and only 7 bucks !!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 4, 2010
    Just wondering, won't the people looking into the lens even they are not main subject look distracting if they are OOF ? i always try to avoid that but dont know if it is right or wrongheadscratch.gif .

It probably depends on the particular image, but if they are not the main subject, then why should it matter? Usually we don't want people looking directly into the lens anyway, so keeping them out of focus might even help in some cases. ne_nau.gif
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Even though there is much more going on in the first shot, I prefer the second by a lot. The first has a unintended tangent with that light in the back, and the guy's forehead, there is the focus issue, and the arm emerging from his beard. Also the third person in back is detached from the drama in the front and a distraction from it. I guess this was just a difficult shot to carry of given the short amount of time available.

The second shot is carefully composed and a really nice environmental portrait.
    If not now, when?
    edited April 6, 2010
    Thanks guys for valuable C&C
    love you thumb.gif

My Gallery