2nd attempt at the broker

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited August 12, 2005 in People
another try...

31787654-L.jpg

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 11, 2005
    Hi Lynn - I like this except for his hand, but that's just personal.
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    I like the way the background gradually lightens. I also like the directional lighting from the left. I don't mind the hand at all. Would seem a likely pose for a broker.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    I don't know enough about portraits to critique this Lynn, I just know that I like it thumb.gif

Shay.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Seamus wrote:
    I don't know enough about portraits to critique this Lynn, I just know that I like it thumb.gif

Shay.
    Thanks shay and all.. I don't know enought either!!!rolleyes1.gif no clue what I'm doing. I know it's bloomin hard. Thanks again all.
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Thanks shay and all.. I don't know enought either!!!rolleyes1.gif no clue what I'm doing. I know it's bloomin hard. Thanks again all.
    And you let him keep all his hair thumb.gif

XO, clap.gif
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    I think this is a very good shot for his purpose. I'm sure he'll love it.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Were you wanting feedback, Lynn? If so, here goes. if not, I'll kill this post! naughty.gif

IMHO.... The light you have on him is good, as far as it goes. Have you considered a backlight to give the back and top of his head some shape? Right now they sort of disappear into the dark background. Baldy would disagree, but I'd put in a wee bit more saturation in post, as well, he seems awfully pale! I'd also fire off bunches of shots and try for a different expression.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited August 12, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Were you wanting feedback, Lynn? If so, here goes. if not, I'll kill this post! naughty.gif

IMHO.... The light you have on him is good, as far as it goes. Have you considered a backlight to give the back and top of his head some shape? Right now they sort of disappear into the dark background. Baldy would disagree, but I'd put in a wee bit more saturation in post, as well, he seems awfully pale! I'd also fire off bunches of shots and try for a different expression.
    yes I'm looking for help.. my portraits are sadly needing it. The background was dark blue, it made Andy very sick so I changed it to black and now the hair problem.. The paleness comes from trying to lighten him on both sides of his face to "open him up" as Yuri mentioned the shadow on one side made for emtional kinda distrust (this is for a business card).. so I took it too far. I do have more shots of him (most are worse) and have asked him to reshoot. I appreciate your feedback, I was hoping you'd comment:D Thanks Sid and thanks all. Any yes XO I gave him back his hair on your suggestion rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 12, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Hi Lynn - I like this except for his hand, but that's just personal.
    Thanks Angelo, and now you've mentioned it I hate the hand as well rolleyes1.gif