Options

Sigma 10-20 Available!!!

herionherion Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
edited August 15, 2005 in Cameras
Sigma4less.com has the Canon mount 10-20mm for $479 - this is $20 off the B&H price. I've used these folks before and they are reliable and fast. Excellent score on resellerratings.com too!

Comments

• Options
    dlovedlove Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 11, 2005
    Are you still liking yours? I ordered one from B&H on Sunday (delivered to Alaska Yesterday) for $469. I haven't played with it yet though, maybe tonight, or this weekend
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    dlove wrote:
    Are you still liking yours? I ordered one from B&H on Sunday (delivered to Alaska Yesterday) for $469. I haven't played with it yet though, maybe tonight, or this weekend
    I'm loving every minute of it - quiet, fast, excellent optics and doesn't feel like a toy like the 10-22 EFS...
  • Options
    estrujenestrujen Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 13, 2005
    Anxious
    clap.gif Ordered my 10-20 yesterday here in Spain. 525 € which is approx. 600 odd bucks. Yes folks, it's expensive here...:nah

Had a new Sigma 105 Macro as well, which I'll test today and tomorrow. headscratch.gif

Nice place where you live, seems quiet.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    estrujen wrote:
    clap.gif Ordered my 10-20 yesterday here in Spain. 525 € which is approx. 600 odd bucks. Yes folks, it's expensive here...:nah

Had a new Sigma 105 Macro as well, which I'll test today and tomorrow. headscratch.gif

Nice place where you live, seems quiet.
    The new Sigma 150mm macro is what rests in my bag, I finally got a UV filter and a new lens cap + cap keeper, so hopefully it will come OUT OF my bag a little more often now! The 10-20mm is definitely in my line of sight, after I get the genius, Sigma 24mm macro for my 35mm body...

PLEASE, can anyone post some pictures of the lens, you know of the lens compact / extended (zoom) etc. etc.

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2005
    Lens pictures
    The new Sigma 150mm macro is what rests in my bag, I finally got a UV filter and a new lens cap + cap keeper, so hopefully it will come OUT OF my bag a little more often now! The 10-20mm is definitely in my line of sight, after I get the genius, Sigma 24mm macro for my 35mm body...

PLEASE, can anyone post some pictures of the lens, you know of the lens compact / extended (zoom) etc. etc.

-Matt-
    Here's a picture of the lens at 10mm

10-20at10.jpg

and here's the lens extended at 20mm

10-20at20.jpg
  • Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    herion wrote:
    Here's a picture of the lens at 10mm

10-20at10.jpg

and here's the lens extended at 20mm

10-20at20.jpg
    Thats so tiny you think they could have engineered that to be all internal.....go figure. ne_nau.gif
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    Chase wrote:
    Thats so tiny you think they could have engineered that to be all internal.....go figure. ne_nau.gif
    Yeah, It's too bad they didn't. I'd have etched it in stone as a "to buy lens", but now I guess I'll have to hold one for myself before I plunk... But yeah, that looks really, really sturdy. I hope some day I'll be shooting at 15mm! That would be ever so fun...

-Matt-

Oh and by the way, my new 150mm came from Sigma4less.com as well, I love the little $20-30 discounts they have, I used mine to get 24 hour shipping, hehehe...
  • Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    Yeah, It's too bad they didn't. I'd have etched it in stone as a "to buy lens", but now I guess I'll have to hold one for myself before I plunk... But yeah, that looks really, really sturdy. I hope some day I'll be shooting at 15mm! That would be ever so fun...

-Matt-

Oh and by the way, my new 150mm came from Sigma4less.com as well, I love the little $20-30 discounts they have, I used mine to get 24 hour shipping, hehehe...
    Those EX lens are tough as nails...especially that gorgeous non relfective coating. I really am digging sigma....all the canon lenses I have wanted to get (almost all anyways) have been replaced on my wishlist from something from sigma. 10-22 becomes 10-20, 100mm macro becomes 150 macro (assuming the AF isnt rubbish), 24-70L becomes 24-70 EX, BLANK becomes 100-300 f4, cause canon doesnt make one. etc etc. And it saves me a bunch of money in the process. thumb.gif

How are you liking your 150mm macro? How do you find the AF? could it be used for action is it painfully slow?
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2005
    Chase wrote:
    Those EX lens are tough as nails...especially that gorgeous non relfective coating. I really am digging sigma....all the canon lenses I have wanted to get (almost all anyways) have been replaced on my wishlist from something from sigma. 10-22 becomes 10-20, 100mm macro becomes 150 macro (assuming the AF isnt rubbish), 24-70L becomes 24-70 EX, BLANK becomes 100-300 f4, cause canon doesnt make one. etc etc. And it saves me a bunch of money in the process. thumb.gif

How are you liking your 150mm macro? How do you find the AF? could it be used for action is it painfully slow?
    HSM is not half bad. In fact, for a lens that can focus from .38m to infinity, I'm very happy. It's definitely faster than the Canon 100mm I think, but I only had a few sessions with the 100mm as I "own" Nikon gear but I check everything Canon out from school. Canon USM and Nikon SWM are definitely faster than HSM, but the Canon 100mm isn't USM now, is it? Well Canon would have you believe that it is, but beware the "Ring type" USM that IS rubbish compared to the real deal. Right now, considering the Canon 180 macro is f/3.5 and the Nikon 200 macro is f/4, the Sigma 150 macro at f/2.8 is definitely the most desirable for me. And I shoot wide open at f/2.8 in all confidence very often, though I have not yet conducted a perfect test or anything. I just know that the lens is dang fast and darn sharp. You're wise to wishlist it. Although that "gorgeous non-reflective coating" is NOT "tough as nails"; mine's starting to come off the lens collar. But I'm stomach-turningly hard on my equipment, so don't pay attention to me...

17115195-M.jpg

-Matt-

PS: I'm definitely loving the 150 for everything, not just macro:
    31971312-M.jpg