Options

(X)HTML Gallery - The Creation Of

jdgphotoboyjdgphotoboy Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited March 30, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Good afternoon fellow PRO Smuggers...

I have a thought that's been running through my head a lot lately. I've been on this forum a lot over the past few months learning how to customize my website using HTML and CSS and finding it difficult to make edits to my HTML in the very small album description box that we PRO Smuggers currently use. My thought being...Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had the ability to create an (X)HTML gallery that gives us a full window/box to clearly view our (X)HTML coding. Also removing the constraints of the Album Description box and opening it up to being what it should be... The <body>....</body>. Enabling me/us to freely customize and style that page with margins, borders, background images, tables, and the like using the pseudo CSS sheet on the Advanced Site-wide Customization page, or an embedded CSS style sheet.

I would imagine that the creation of a (X)HTML gallery page could be set up in the same manner as we would in creating a standard gallery.

At the moment, I'm creating my gallery pages in Dreamweaver CS4, embedding the CSS, copying and pasting into my smugmug gallery page album description box, making adjustments to margins, padding, alignment, and other issues that may be present using the Firefox Web Developer.

The bottom-line is that it would be nice to be able to use various web developing tools, preview the draft(s) and know what it's going to look like when I/we drop it into Smugmug.

Question: Can this be done? Or am I that only one that has had this thought? :dunno

I would be forever grateful :bow if the Smuggers that be would entertain my thought :deal.
John D. Guca :pimp
JDG Photography
jdgphotography@mac.com
www.jdgphotography.com
Failed to load the poll.