stop and smell the roses

burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited August 12, 2005 in People
I just joined and am new to all this so go easy on me...
thanks,
Autumn

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 11, 2005
    Hi Burke and welcome to dGrin. She's a lovely little girl.

The image appears a little dark; what camera were you shooting with and at what settings?
  • burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Hi Burke and welcome to dGrin. She's a lovely little girl.

The image appears a little dark; what camera were you shooting with and at what settings?
    This was shot with a Nikon D70 at 1/400 sec and f/5 - outdoors with a fill flash for the catchlights..
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    It's really a great shot. Very cute!

The lighting just needs to be bumped up. Too dark as is.
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    burke wrote:
    I just joined and am new to all this so go easy on me...
    thanks,
    Autumn
    Hope you are not offended, just helping out a fellow Nikonian. (D70's are notorious for underexposing a bit, especially compared with a P&S

first did a 'Rutt' and corrected the color in lab by making sure the white collar read 0/0 in a and b

Then lightened and aded a little contrast

last redid the eyes, and created new pupils and moved the catch light out of teh pupil to the (viewer) left.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Hope you are not offended, just helping out a fellow Nikonian. (D70's are notorious for underexposing a bit, especially compared with a P&S

first did a 'Rutt' and corrected the color in lab by making sure the white collar read 0/0 in a and b

Then lightened and aded a little contrast

last redid the eyes, and created new pupils and moved the catch light out of teh pupil to the (viewer) left.

XO,
    not offended at all.. I can use all the help I can get!
    I like how you moved the catch light - and I like how you brightened the background.
    But don't you think she looks a little greenish? -AB
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    burke wrote:
    I like how you moved the catch light - and I like how you brightened the background.
    I agree. Too green. Between the shopped version and the original, I prefer the orignal. Sorry.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    I adjusted the curves to brighten her, added some saturation (+15) and then some contrast (+5), dodged her eyes to draw your attention to them and balanced her skin color using the 'Color Balance' tool in Photoshop, reducing the reds.

girlcompar-vi.jpg
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    burke wrote:
    Yes a little greenish indeed. Laptop screen changes between being on power and being hooked up to the juice, can see it now (powered).

XO,

Addition, on top of that, I might have a display issue, can someone tell me what this version looks like on their monitor.

Addition 2: DUUHHHHHH Had my PS in Adobe colorspace while smugmug and dgrin display in sRGB, that made a differnce as well
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Hi Burke wave.gif and welcome! Very nice shot even if it was a little dark. She a beautiful child.. looking forward to seeing more.