Options

Collecting Digitals From Guests

kidzgolfkidzgolf Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 1, 2010 in Weddings
Just got back from my daughter's beach wedding in Cayucos. Many of the guest took some great digital photos. What's the best way for me to collect them via the internet at full resolution - so I can edit, crop, print, and re-post on my smugmug account? Obviously they could be large files and would bankrupt most email systems.

Many thanks!
MLM

Comments

• Options
    PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    kidzgolf wrote:
    Just got back from my daughter's beach wedding in Cayucos. Many of the guest took some great digital photos. What's the best way for me to collect them via the internet at full resolution - so I can edit, crop, print, and re-post on my smugmug account? Obviously they could be large files and would bankrupt most email systems.

Many thanks!
    MLM

Depending on how well you trust them, you could give them an assistant password on your Smugmug account... or set up an FTP server somewhere.
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    Flickr accounts for each person? I think the image limit per free account is 200 images. I can't recall 100% though.
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    If everyone gets a Flickr account then you can start a Flickr group for the wedding and use that to organize the gathered pics. But one limitation of the free Flickr accounts is the image size. If you want to download large images to bring to Smugmug, you may not like the free Flickr limit.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Set up an e-mail address on your SmugMug Account, then they can just e-mail them. Another great option is to get them all signed onto Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE5ODk4OTI5 we use this at the office, don't tell IT
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact