Cold Saturday Afternoon Effort

BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited April 2, 2010 in People
"Heather"
Result from a cold Saturday afternoon........
C+C most welcome
Thanks,

The rest of the gallery:
http://ridgelineproductions.smugmug.com/Bruce-Bullied/Heather/11688225_rvT7A#824694264_ipnDa

Comments

• rgphotorgphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    My 2 cents - there's some good shots in the gallery, but they all seem a little cold. Try boosting the temp of the shots - little more red, little less blue.
    website | blog | twitter | facebook

Nikon d700, sb-600 external flash Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, AF NIKKOR 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 D, AF-S NIKKOR 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G, AF Promaster Macro

Using photography to pay for engineering school is a bad business plan.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    One thing that sends shivers up my spine is the color balance.....her teeth aren't that yellow..and if they are, they need corrected in post. Not to be harsh but helpful....there is only one shot in there that actually is in focus. Make sure you nail your focus otherwise no matter what the look, the post production, the color correction....none will make a difference if the shot is OOF. This happens to all of us here and there. I have one of some executive head shots done yesterday....thinking...ah, perfect look..that one out of all the shots was OOF....rats!...so, throw it out and move on.....don't try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • rgphotorgphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    Swartzy wrote:
    One thing that sends shivers up my spine is the color balance.....her teeth aren't that yellow..and if they are, they need corrected in post. Not to be harsh but helpful....there is only one shot in there that actually is in focus. Make sure you nail your focus otherwise no matter what the look, the post production, the color correction....none will make a difference if the shot is OOF. This happens to all of us here and there. I have one of some executive head shots done yesterday....thinking...ah, perfect look..that one out of all the shots was OOF....rats!...so, throw it out and move on.....don't try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

great advice...I came across the same thing earlier today. I did a shoot today with a guy who was so set on the smug look. The one shot that I was able to get a good smile out of him was OOF.
    website | blog | twitter | facebook

Nikon d700, sb-600 external flash Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, AF NIKKOR 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 D, AF-S NIKKOR 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G, AF Promaster Macro

Using photography to pay for engineering school is a bad business plan.
  • BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    This was my first attempt at a portrait. Thanks for the great advice, I'll be taking another run at it.
    Brewster