Sandisk fail?

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited March 31, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
I popped my Sandisk Ultra ll 4 GB into my computer, began looking at photos by clicking on the drive it was in, saw a few, then opened up my Nikon VIEW to look and sort, View was not responding, clicked on few icons to see if it was just being really slow, eventually it said the card was empty. ARGHH, clicked on the drive, same message, put it in my camera, yup it was now empty.:huh Popped another card in and View read it instantly. I took a few pics with the now empty card, it worked, but can I trust it? :scratch

luckily these were just shots I was fooling around with.
I looked at the icons I clicked, none of them were to delete the files, and I am sure there would be a required confirmation before it would just delete the card. I never format from my computer.
I know some people have never experienced card failure, but I bought 4 Lexar cards a while back during a sale at a great online store and 2 of them failed within 4 months!
If I can't trust it I need to throw it away. Any guesses what happened?
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    Does it work OK in a different camera or card-reader?

Have you tried re-formatting the card?

…either way, if it has started to get flakey, then it's unreliable and therefore can't be trusted…

…bummer!

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    That is a pretty old card...I have the exact same one. Memory prices are cheap...toss it and get a new one to be safe.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook