Easy money!

8secondcowboy8secondcowboy Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 1, 2010 in Landscapes
This Landscape stuff is going to be easy money!
At the request of one of my fans (thanks for the nudge KDOG) I'm posting a couple of my new Fine Art pictures.
As you can see, I am using advanced software, a specialized HDR program (High Dynamic Range)(which means
I can make a picture really big, like 6ft BIG!).
I am fairly gifted in the Arts and I have a knack for artistic flare so when I visited some of the photography galleries around Zion National Park I realized this could be easy money for me! (landscape photography really comes easy and natural to me so if you have any questions fire away!)

Without further ado-ieu:

810578774_9gkH4-XL-1.jpg
810597782_WWczf-XL-1.jpg
810581383_G4TBc-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    It's already well past midday on 1 April here! :D
    Without further adieu:
    "ado" perhaps? eek7.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 1, 2010
    Hey Cowboy,

All that photography's program of realism actually implies is the belief that reality is hidden. And, being hidden, is something to be unveiled. Whatever the camera records is a disclosure, whether it is imperceptible, fleeting parts of movement, an order that natural vision is incapable of perceiving, or a "heightened reality" (Moholy-Nagy's phrase), or simply the elliptical way of seeing. When Stieglitz describes his "patient waiting for the moment of equilibrium" he makes the same assumption about the essential hiddenness of the real as Robert Frank does when he waits for the moment of revealing disequilibrium, to catch reality off-guard, in what he calls the "in-between moments."

I'm sure you'll agree.
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Hey Cowboy,

All that photography's program of realism actually implies is the belief that reality is hidden. And, being hidden, is something to be unveiled. Whatever the camera records is a disclosure, whether it is imperceptible, fleeting parts of movement, an order that natural vision is incapable of perceiving, or a "heightened reality" (Moholy-Nagy's phrase), or simply the elliptical way of seeing. When Stieglitz describes his "patient waiting for the moment of equilibrium" he makes the same assumption about the essential hiddenness of the real as Robert Frank does when he waits for the moment of revealing disequilibrium, to catch reality off-guard, in what he calls the "in-between moments."

I'm sure you'll agree.

That is way too deep for me this early in the morning! eek7.gif
    I'll need to return once my coffee has kicked in to see if that makes sense! rolleyes1.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • 8secondcowboy8secondcowboy Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 1, 2010
    Richard, you understand me at my core!
    I find that I can arrive at the "moment" anywhere and anytime I want, its really just a matter of what I would like to capture at the moment.
    I can turn any scene into a work of Art, just as I did here in Zion National Park.

Richard, I'm so glad to have you as a fan of my amazing fine art.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    April Fool's indeed... i won't critique these images, because i know your comments were tongue-in-cheek in honor of the day...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 1, 2010
    Thanks Jordan!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited April 1, 2010
    ian408 wrote:
    Thanks Jordan!

[gasps] :D
  • endsoftheearthendsoftheearth Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    You're joking- right?
    Am I missing something here. I just happened on this post and you are either putting us on, or you have the most delusional pompous ego I've seen in a long time. These images are moderately mediocre at best. I guess I'll just laugh along and assume you're just a jokster. ]
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Am I missing something here. I just happened on this post and you are either putting us on, or you have the most delusional pompous ego I've seen in a long time. These images are moderately mediocre at best. I guess I'll just laugh along and assume you're just a jokster. ]

I think you onto something... Mr. Cowboy might have a few sparkplugs missing....
    Aaron Nelson
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    you are either putting us on, or you have the most delusional pompous ego I've seen in a long time.

It's probably a bit of both! rolleyes1.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    This is an April Fool's - right? mwink.gif
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    I tried the more coffee approach....not helping.headscratch.gif
    edited April 1, 2010
    Apparently I posted on the wrong day!

Thats ok, I'm sure my fine art will make big money wherever I may roam....

(Heck, I have only been on Dgrin for a few days and have two serious Fans!)
    edited April 1, 2010
    I have a whole gallery from Zion here

It is some of the best work from Zion National Park I have ever seen! I should make it big in the photography worldthumb.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 1, 2010
    Had me going there, old buddy. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    I knew it clap.gifclap.gif Just like the Colbert Report rolleyes1.gif Well donethumb.gifthumb.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    lol3.gif

I know I have quite a few similar "money makers" in my archives, too.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    rolleyes1.gif
    One question, given your usual standard how hard was it to do it wrong? headscratch.gif
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    I have to tell you, honestly, those are some of the most amazing photos I have ever seen! bowdown.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    I have to tell you, honestly, those are some of the most amazing photos I have ever seen! bowdown.gif

I agree. That first one might be his best work ever bowdown.gif
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    I have a whole gallery from Zion here

It is some of the best work from Zion National Park I have ever seen! I should make it big in the photography worldthumb.gif
    Aaron, isn't that your link being cited here? This smells like identity theft or you've been holding out on us by not sharing these gems.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
    edited April 1, 2010
    your all cracking me up....

I particularly like the windshield wiper shot....

810595301_9iAWF-XL-1.jpg
    Aaron Nelson
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    At the request of one of my fans (thanks for the nudge KDOG) I'm posting a couple of my new Fine Art pictures.
    As you can see, I am using advanced software, a specialized HDR program (High Dynamic Range)(which means
    I can make a picture really big, like 6ft BIG!).
    I am fairly gifted in the Arts and I have a knack for artistic flare so when I visited some of the photography galleries around Zion National Park I realized this could be easy money for me! (landscape photography really comes easy and natural to me so if you have any questions fire away!)

Do you take money orders? I'd like to order one of each on metal. What do you charge of a 24x36? Thanks!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    And ya'll are always telling me I shoot at the wrong time of day! I just knew that 10 - 2 were the best hours to be making landscape images! No more comments about "the golden hours" of light!

rolleyes1.gif
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 1, 2010
    Do you take money orders? I'd like to order one of each on metal. What do you charge of a 24x36? Thanks!

deal.gif you should go check the "buy" tab in that gallery.....
    Aaron Nelson
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    810595301_9iAWF-S-1.jpg

Wow, this one is so moving, so perfect. I get a sense of mankind's self-inflicted endangerment, and how we're perched at a precarious edge between nature and the unknown. It's the symbolic use of cool blue tones and the dizziness caused by the soft focus.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    OK so I tried to send the $600 for the six footer with the rail...it won't except my American Repress card. ????
    Growing with Dgrin

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Knowing that the camera can do a lot of metering on its own, being able to go against the camera's wishes and producing something that should not be producible is a challenge of its own.

To you sir, today, I give kudos. clap.gifrofl
  • shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Definately"Easy money for you"!!! Your talent has inspired me to go out and shoot more STUFF. And your software abilities leave me awe struck.
    Happy Easter to all.
    ShawnC