A Tale of Two Seasons

stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
edited April 2, 2010 in Landscapes
Been awhile since I have been out shooting and even longer since I posted anything. Thought I would share a few from late yesterday afternoon.

Ventured over to Old Stone Fort State Park where I often find myself since it is just a quarter mile as the crow flies from my house. Was hoping to find some signs of spring to shoot when I ran across this patch of buttercups. Began to have an idea of mixing the new growth of spring with the last remnants of the winter. Hope I portrayed the stark contrasts in life.

All shot with a canon 5d and tamron 24-135 w/ cpl

824821453_xmyqy-L.jpg

824839623_gwXVG-L.jpg

824827582_wqQsm-L.jpg

824842277_EZiNn-L.jpg

824822897_XMPfz-L.jpg

Comments

• JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Beautiful! I think you accomplished your vision. Still waiting for the wildflowers to burgeon, here in W. Michigan. I like the third picture the best!
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Thank you!

The buttercups are all that are out here in middle TN. Winter stayed late this year. Looking back over pics from last year, I had the beginnings of buttercups in my yard beginning in late Feb. This year it was mid March. A few trees are starting to bloom as well (cherry).

Looking forward to catching spring develop. :)

-Jon
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    Thank you!

The buttercups are all that are out here in middle TN. Winter stayed late this year. Looking back over pics from last year, I had the beginnings of buttercups in my yard beginning in late Feb. This year it was mid March. A few trees are starting to bloom as well (cherry).

Looking forward to catching spring develop. :)

-Jon

"Up here" in the north country (Canada) we normally don't see crocuses and daffodils until April. This year we had a light winter and there are some signs of spring growth, a few blades of new grass poking through, and the river is flooding as usual. Sigh.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada