The Ravages of Time - the series

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited April 2, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I recently posted a photo titled "The Ravages of Time". I liked this photo so much that I have decided to concentrate my efforts on producing a series with the "Ravages of Time" theme. Here are a sampling of the first photos in this series.
<center>
825049452_X3GQ4-L-1.jpg
"The Ravages of Time Series - Photo #2"

825053653_Hwuvp-L-1.jpg
"The Ravages of Time Series - Photo #5"

825047408_g2AMU-L-1.jpg
"The Ravages of Time Series - Photo #7"
</center>
The rest of the series can be viewed in my Ravages of Time Gallery.

Comments and critiques are not only welcomed, but encouraged
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    I like the second one here (photo #5), despite the tank (?) obstructing the view and the shadow in the foreground. Those creepy trees make this dead house come to life again. The B&W conversion works for me as well.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    invisible wrote:
    I like the second one here (photo #5), despite the tank (?) obstructing the view and the shadow in the foreground. Those creepy trees make this dead house come to life again. The B&W conversion works for me as well.

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't do anything about the tank itself (there are two more larger ones further in front of the house, I think they are old water tanks for the farm), but after you mentioned it the shadow really bothered me. So, I eased/eliminated the shadow...
    825053653_Hwuvp-L-3.jpg
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking