Blooper for Pixy Delights

HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
edited August 12, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi All,
I usually wouldn't do this, but I still get a laugh out of this. For Pixy Delights, I originally had my wife pouring the dust into her own mouth. What a sweet, willing subject. Well, here she missed as you can see. From then on, I had to pour, shoot and time it just right. It actuall worked better this way but who knew till then:dunno.

Hope you get a chuckle out of it. Mostly unprocessed Pixy Delights Blooper.
47565323.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

Comments

• douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    rolleyes1.gif Great blooper! Thanks for sharing, its very interesting to see this side of a shooting.

Best regards,
    douglas
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • AnnabellaAnnabella Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    :giggle This is great! rolleyes1.gif got anymore? pssst..."pixy delights" was my favoritethumb.gif
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    rolleyes1.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Annabella wrote:
    :giggle This is great! rolleyes1.gif got anymore? pssst..."pixy delights" was my favoritethumb.gif
    This was the only blooper I caught. I just had to share it with you all to my wifes chagrin. Actually, she thinks its funny too and we had a ball shooting it.

Thanks for the comment:D and glad you enjoyed both,
    Chris

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    I was wondering how you set that up!
    Thanks for sharing the blooper!
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    Thanks for sharing the blooper!
    Hi Dee,
    My lighting skills are rather weak. I felt it's too much like my "Resignation" shot, but went with it anyways. This was shot using two flashes. The main flash at 2 O'clock and low. I had my wife hold the flash down by her left rib cage. I wanted the main light to backlight the Pixy Sticks and dust. It also added some drama and outlined the face against the black background. To add some interest in the foreground, I used the onboard flash for fill.

I used my 100mm macro lens for this shot. I used a duplicate layer and blurred the complexion to take out some of the skin detail since it's not the subject. Did some levels to even out the black background and kick up the contrast (fan of contrasty shots). I erased the blur layer for the pixy stick and dust.

Note: This just didn't happen through pure inspiration. I tried a couple of things before I saw this shot. I then tested the lighting by pouring the pixy dust onto a paper plate and took a few test shots to adjust the lighting. When I captured the lighting, I then had the site and took several shots till I got the one I wanted (Pixy Delights). What's funny is I know when I've captured it and I shoot no more. So the last shot is the shot I was looking for. Below is a ROUGH diagram of the layout that I shot in my dining room.

Hope this explained it clear enough,
    Chris

• aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    really very funny

thanks for sharing

Michal