Opinions please.

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited August 14, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
With "DRY" in mind I took these shots yesterday (August 11). I would appreciate some input as to whether these are thought worthy of the latest contest. And I just want to echo the comments of so many when I say that these are fun; makes you constantly assess things in a totally different perspective! I will post EXIF with the eventual challenge entry

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 12, 2005
    edited August 12, 2005
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Caleb wrote:
    Same girl; big thirst
    Hi Caleb,
    Of the three, I think this conveys dry the best. The gas one is humorous, but I don't see dry there without a story.
    For this shot, I don't see dry as much as I see thirst or empty. Also, it needs something in PP to make it pop as a photo. Just an assumption, but you're fishing for comments before you put too much time into PP?
    As it is, I don't see a strong contenderne_nau.gif, but who knows, I've been wrong many times in the pasteek7.gif.

Just my .02,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

edited August 12, 2005
    Hi Caleb,
    Of the three, I think this conveys dry the best. The gas one is humorous, but I don't see dry there without a story.
    For this shot, I don't see dry as much as I see thirst or empty. Also, it needs something in PP to make it pop as a photo. Just an assumption, but you're fishing for comments before you put too much time into PP?
    As it is, I don't see a strong contenderne_nau.gif, but who knows, I've been wrong many times in the pasteek7.gif.

Just my .02,
    Chris
    Chris,

Thanks for the comments; that's the kind of thing I am looking for. I'm not sure any are contenders either....it's just that I'm not making any trips to the Gobi desert during the challenge; what was Andy thinking?! The gas photo doesn't really have a story....he was just trying to 'see' what he had left in the tank. Pretty common in Mongolia for simple things like gas gauges and such not to work. And I'm still not comfortable with Photoshop yet; takes me forever to do the simplest things so, yeah, I would have to have a pretty good idea that it was worth working with before sitting down to try to improve on something.

Again, thanks lots.

Caleb
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Caleb wrote:

it's just that I'm not making any trips to the Gobi desert during the challenge; what was Andy thinking?!

Caleb
    Hi Caleb,
    You're thinking inside the box and very specifically too. So you won't do dry weather or dry earth, but there are lots of other dry things around. Have you ever seen an earthworm when it was dried out. How about some dried fruit/flowers? Powders are dry, maybe something creative there. Bones can be dry and if you need it dried out in a hurry, bleach does wonders. Dry skin, dry hair, a hair dryer, dry chapped lips; there are so many dry things. I'm getting thirsty now, feeling a bit dried out:D.

Hopefully this might stir some creative juicesne_nau.gif.

Push the envelope,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Of the three, I like the second one for the challenge because it looks like the bottle is empty. (The first one cracked me up, though, when I noticed she's missing her left shoe. Good capture!)

~mel
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    I liked #2 the best. No liquid is in essence '"dry" .
    edited August 14, 2005
    Hey thanks all,

Chris thanks for the encouragement to think 'outside the box'. The reference to the Gobi was supposed to be a joke but those were some good suggestions; I imagine that you would be pretty dry after all that so......go have a beer on me!

Caleb