golf shots

gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
edited April 4, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I did some promo shots yesterday for a good friend...any input would be appreciated. I put the pics here instead of the sports section since they are posed and obviously not during a match. Shot in bright daylight with a few OCF units for effect.

1 - Action Shot (24-70mm 2.8)

825514454_YMyHX-L.jpg

2. Perspective (Tokina 11-16mm ...his club was nearly touching the lens)

825518344_xVysE-M.jpg
Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 3, 2010
    The perspective/distortion in #2 is terrific. Not your every day golf shot. clap.gifclap On my monitor it looks like the arms might be blown--can you recover a bit from the original?
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2010
    thanks...I'll work on #2 and repost when I can. Your input is much appreciated!
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2010
    I agree with Richard's comments on all counts. Looking forward to seeing the updated version of #2.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Here is a retry on #2. The arms are pretty much blown to begin with, so I didn't have much to recover. The original has more detail in the arms, but the LR edits nuked them. The whole thing looks overprocessed to me, but my original vision for the pic wasn't entirely all for realism anyway. The biggest problem now is the huge variance between his face and arms. It's only going to be viewed or printed as a very small image anyway...so hopefully that helps. headscratch.gif

827337772_L6Pii-L.jpg