More from the TX Hill Country

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited April 6, 2010 in Landscapes
Here are a few shots I processed this morning, from different recent outings. I'd really appreciate your C&C on these, as I am trying to build up my Hill Country portfolio.

Thanks!
Lauren

1. Old Barn - the wildflowers were getting covered by grass but I like the road going through
825122183_shi8k-L.jpg

2. Just before sunset atop a Hill Country "hill" - 3 exposure HDR
826125219_pe2yb-L.jpg

3. Atop the same hill - closer view
826437650_UDz6t-L.jpg

4. 2 exposure pano - same as #3 + 1; reprocessed from scratch so colors/tones are different; do you prefer the colors in #3 or #4?
826445598_Qfes5-L.jpg

5. Loved the scene; processed in Topaz Adjust to make it look painterly
825254106_Waizj-L.jpg

6. Some curves adjustments here - something looks wrong to me so I'd appreciate your ideas; I do like the lines here
826468103_hqjrA-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2010
    Hi Lauren,

I'm really loving how you're bringing out the " Hill " part of the Hill Country in some of your latest work. To me, it's more reflective of the real character of the place.

I prefer the color treatment in #3 over #4.....a little more realistic, I think. But I may be splitting hairs here. I'm with you on liking the scene in #5. I'm not sure what gives you misgivings about #6. Overall, I like that shot. Ideally, I might have shifted my perspective over to the left a little....to pull the road closer down to the left corner but that would have cost some closeness to the flowers. I'll take it just as it is.

Nice work,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Thanks, Tom.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com