Coach-AKA in over my head

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited April 5, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Hi all,
I've not been as active as usual here lately--this is one of the reasons why.
It's my first time coaching and I'm in over my head. First game is next Sunday! This SP is representative of how my brain is feeling lately :rofl .

826765161_ZquF9-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2010
    A nice double. The photo without the writing would be a winner, and with the writing it's a laugh.

You're brave to coach. I umpired a couple of seasons of Little League when my son played. The kids are great, but some of the parents....
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Love that shot.....Those eyes look really intense.....thumb.gif GOOD LUCK!!!! gary
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Very cool collage. Good Luck! Remember it is supposed to be fun, not just for the kids but for you also.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    A nice double. The photo without the writing would be a winner, and with the writing it's a laugh.

You're brave to coach. I umpired a couple of seasons of Little League when my son played. The kids are great, but some of the parents....

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for the comment. I thought it might be a laugh.

I gotta tell you, I can already tell that there might issues with a parent or two--yikes!!!
    Well you would know all about that though--umps get it the worst.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 4, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    Love that shot.....Those eyes look really intense.....thumb.gif GOOD LUCK!!!! gary

Thank you Azzaro!
    I showed this shot to my husband who thought I looked a little crazy and my sister who thought I had a "deer in the headlights" thing going. I like your take it on it the best--intense.

I'm glad you like it.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 4, 2010
    Very cool collage. Good Luck! Remember it is supposed to be fun, not just for the kids but for you also.

Thanks BradfordBenn,
    I am having fun! Course the season hasn't officially kicked off yet--but I will try and keep that in mind when I have parents yelling at me to put their kid in! :)

Thanks for looking and commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Howdy Liz,

I love this and you are a brave soul to do this, not because of the Kids but because of the Parents!!!

I love the shot, and I'll second the intense look.

Good luck, and please let us know how it's going.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Hi Tony,
    Thanks for the comment. I thought it might be a laugh.

I gotta tell you, I can already tell that there might issues with a parent or two--yikes!!!
    Well you would know all about that though--umps get it the worst.

Fun pic for what hopefully will be a fun season...

FWIW, I have always had a parents meeting to set expectations (including their expected behavior) and warned them: "You better be nice to the coach or I'll take it out on your kid!"... (nervous laughter always follows).
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 4, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:

Ha Ha! Try ref'ing a bunch of hockey parents lol3.gif Or worse, adult players--especially those who "know the rulebook inside out".

Coaching is a great way to give back. Just keep a couple of things in mind for each practice being sure to review what you learned last week. And be yourself. I bet you'll be fine.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited April 5, 2010
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Liz,

I love this and you are a brave soul to do this, not because of the Kids but because of the Parents!!!

I love the shot, and I'll second the intense look.

Good luck, and please let us know how it's going.

Thank you Craig.
    I appreciate the good wishes.
    Will keep you posted for sure.
    The next post will go like this "and this is me getting dragged off the field" lol. I kid. I hope.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 5, 2010
    rainbow wrote:
    Fun pic for what hopefully will be a fun season...

FWIW, I have always had a parents meeting to set expectations (including their expected behavior) and warned them: "You better be nice to the coach or I'll take it out on your kid!"... (nervous laughter always follows).

Rainbow a fellow female coach! We are few and far between.
    Thanks for that suggestion. I am actually holding a meeting after the next practice to go over the rules. I like your suggestion though :)
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 5, 2010
    ian408 wrote:
    Ha Ha! Try ref'ing a bunch of hockey parents lol3.gif Or worse, adult players--especially those who "know the rulebook inside out".

Coaching is a great way to give back. Just keep a couple of things in mind for each practice being sure to review what you learned last week. And be yourself. I bet you'll be fine.

Hello Ian408. Hockey parents! talk about taking it up a notch, I"ll stick with baseball:)
    That rule book will be the end of me--too many rules!

Thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom.
    The best part is my son being proud that I'm the coach--course that could all change by seasons endrolleyes1.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________