40D or 1D Classic?

MelmoKMelmoK Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited April 4, 2010 in Cameras
I have two bodies right now, the 40D and the 1D. I love them both but end up shooting more with the 40D due to the more manageable size and the battery life.
But I love love love the look of the photos on my 1D. I do have it up for sale and have an interested party coming to look at it and most likely purchase it tomorrow. But I'm already having sellers remorse, I need some new lenses and have no other way to fund them other then the sale of this camera.
I will most likely be repurchasing it at a later date but given the choice, what would you keep?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 4, 2010
    I think you're right to keep the 40D and sell the 1D body. The 1D is getting to be such an old body that the advantages are very slight compared to the 40D advantages. (The 40D is mostly a much better camera from a functional perspective.)

I suggest that eventually you purchase at least a 1D MKII to replace the 1D as it has considerable extra performance over either the 1D or 40D, but the 40D has several "convenience" advantages over even the 1D MKII.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums