It's alive! Or was... the effects of a 6 year old

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited August 13, 2005 in People
Been dying to post about 5 million pictures this summer, but couldn't all summer while I was at Middlebury College under my language pledge since I didn't want to initiate English conversations in a Japanese environment :(
Oh it feels good to be allowed to talk in English again.... Anyhoo,

A few weekends ago I went and visited my family while I was up here, and evidently my 2nd cousin thinks it's fun to open clam shells when they're alive or something...

29739386-M-1.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Shima wrote:
    Been dying to post about 5 million pictures this summer, but couldn't all summer while I was at Middlebury College under my language pledge since I didn't want to initiate English conversations in a Japanese environment :(
    Oh it feels good to be allowed to talk in English again.... Anyhoo,

A few weekends ago I went and visited my family while I was up here, and evidently my 2nd cousin thinks it's fun to open clam shells when they're alive or something...
    Hi Shima welcome back! WOW Janpanese environment?? I assume you are now speaking Japanese fluently???:uhoh
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    ペラペラじゃないでも、会話や作文や他のことが出来ます。I'm not fluent, but I can do conversations, essays and other various things. 私は初級二の授業を受けました。I took the level 2 class. 今、三百五十漢字ぐらいよめって書けます。I can read and write about 350 kanji now (from memory).

It was truly an amazing experience, and I love not neeting a dictionary to get through the average conversation, but I still can't talk about specialized things like "the environment" or "politics" but I can talk about lots of other things :) I don't pause or stumble anymore when I talk now in comparison to before, the transformation is just amazing.
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Shima welcome back! WOW Janpanese environment?? I assume you are now speaking Japanese fluently???:uhoh