Dead Tree Scrolls

Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
edited April 6, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Groans aside, I couldn't resist these little messages from the forest -

827687030_hiiTg-XL.jpg

828367508_aurZt-XL.jpg

Both taken with the Olympus E-30 and ZD 12-60mm lens and processed in Lightroom. Comments welcome.

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    I love the second shot--and the title gave me a much-needed chuckle! Nicely done!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Thanks much for the kind words. Sometimes very subtle photos get no attention or comments, so I appreciate it, either that or my work really sucks...nah, it doesn't.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    No, your work does not suck. I sometimes have posts that pass by without comments or visitors, and I know there are shots that I look at but don't comment upon. There simply isn't enough time to do it all! I did visit your blog too and found it quite enjoyable. I'll visit again for sure.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    I really love your title for these photos. My favorite is #2 -- I like how you processed it.

Your thinking up my alley with these photos -- only you were the smart one and took the photos with the bark in their natural surroundings. I tried to carry mine home and walk a dog at the same time. It didn't work...I came home with pieces :cry
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    hey that's cool, thanks Lauren.

I've been known to carry acorns out (why I don't know since I have at least 2 different species of oak in my own yard), but never bark. Sorry yours got mangled.