Out of my zone

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited April 6, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I am starting to venture out of my comfort zone of only shooting people, and to start shooting objects, places, things. These are two shots I captured. Thoughts?

4493659040_ffeae35efa.jpg

4491449421_57f9dd9381.jpg

I know 1 is blurry, and I was going to throw it out, but I just couldn't. There is something about it that keeps me going back. Any thoughts on the shots?
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Well for not being in your comfort zone these are pretty cool!
    I really like #1 and I can see why you couldn't get rid of it. It's not your typical shot of the same scene, it doesn't say "joy" to me like most amusement ride shots.
    I like the motion blurr as well as the monochrome processing, in addition to the angle and comp--it all says "tension".

I also really like #2--very minimalistic. I like the blue on blue.
    clap.gif nicely done on both.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    I would of kept the first photo too. Photos don't have to be perfect to be good. Makes me think of a hot humid night at the fair.
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    I really like #1 .. looks like a pink floyd album cover or something.. thumb.gif
    Devin