A Kill

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited April 5, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Earlier in the day I saw this guy chasing a full size rabbit across and open field. Road Runners are meat eaters and will even attack rattlers....

827527945_aUwzv-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Beep beep indeed!
    From watching many an episode of "Wylie Coyote" I knew they were smart, just never knew they were anything but victims.

This is a pretty sad shot, I'm not sure why it's causing a chuckle in me, maybe because it really doesn't mesh with the mental photo I had of a roadrunner.

Great capture Azzaroclap.gif
    Liz A.
    _________
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Road Runner...if he catches you your through! :D

Was he aware that you were taking his picture? I saw one attack a rattler and won! Look at the claws on that thing! Nice detail!!!thumb.gif
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Beep beep indeed!
    From watching many an episode of "Wylie Coyote" I knew they were smart, just never knew they were anything but victims.

This is a pretty sad shot, I'm not sure why it's causing a chuckle in me, maybe because it really doesn't mesh with the mental photo I had of a roadrunner.

Great capture Azzaroclap.gif

Thanks Lizz......:D The smart one is the Coyote.....I have a lot of Coyote stories.....They are really clever and sneaky....and love to torment dogs..... azzaro
    edited April 5, 2010
    Eia wrote:
    Road Runner...if he catches you your through! :D

Was he aware that you were taking his picture? I saw one attack a rattler and won! Look at the claws on that thing! Nice detail!!!thumb.gif

I took the pic. from a distance....I usually can get pretty close to him, but when I started towards him he took off..wasn't about to share that kill......... Thanks for commenting :Dazzaro
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Hi Gary,

That's a really good catch. I had no idea those birds would go after a rabbit.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited April 5, 2010
    Hi Gary,

That's a really good catch. I had no idea those birds would go after a rabbit.

Tom

Thanks for looking in.. Tom.. I found a dead Roadrunner about a month ago, and it's stomach was missing. It was a fresh kill, and what ever got it, knew what it was doing.....My guess it was a coyote. The desert is a tough place to live. While you are out looking for dinner, something else is out looking for you for his dinner...... :Dgary
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    You certainly caught nature at work -- good shot thumb.gif
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    That's a mighty big meal for a bird that size. Very impressive kill.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
    edited April 5, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    You certainly caught nature at work -- good shot thumb.gif

Mary K. ....thanks for the nice comment........azzaro:D
    edited April 5, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    That's a mighty big meal for a bird that size. Very impressive kill.

Lets hope he doesn't over eat........might slow him down and then it will be his turn to be a meal.......Thanks for looking and commenting........azzaro:D