Marshmellows and Doggies

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited May 10, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I worked on some inside photography awhile back -- don't think I've shared these photos before. Advice is welcomed :D

1 --

828671698_5oUvs-L.jpg

2 --

828671665_fhbD2-L.jpg

3 --

828671685_WRJxy-L.jpg

4 --

828671622_SAmnN-L.jpg

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Hi Mary K. ...... It's a nice series .... My favorite is the first one...... gary:D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Mary K. ...... It's a nice series .... My favorite is the first one...... gary:D

Hi Gary --

I'm glad you liked the series. I was starting to think it was a terrible one.

Thanks for looking and commenting Gary :D
  • EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    The last one is pretty cool.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Howdy Mary,

Really like the perspective and reflection in the first image.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited April 6, 2010
    Eclipsed wrote:
    The last one is pretty cool.

Really didn't know how to photograph a bunch of marshmallows. Happy to hear you liked that one.

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment :D
    edited April 6, 2010
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Mary,

Really like the perspective and reflection in the first image.

Hi Craig --

Didn't know if all white would work, but the reflection really helped add some dimension to it.

John gave me salt and pepper shakers and my Mom gave me a marshmallow gun with marshmallows -- so I photograph them :D

Thanks for taking a look and commenting.
  • Ifocus4uIfocus4u Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    I really enjoy it when a photographer experiments and is obviously having fun!

If you don't mind I'll share my first impressions with you... :D

#1 is wonderful. I really enjoy high key photography and its difficult to do. The only suggestion I would have here is that I'd like to see it as a landscape shot as opposed to the portrait.
    #2 Same again for this one. I love the juxtaposition between the soft marshmallow and the hardened steel of the blade.
    #3 Again a landscape might work best here. I find the loss of detail makes is difficult to really distinguish between the two dogs. This might have a stronger effect if the white dog was lit so it was really white. Sorry but I am not really getting what I feel you want to portray here.
    #4 My fav! Love everything about it. Love the wood and the marshmallow combo!!

The series is great in my eyes. Love what you do! :D
    edited May 7, 2010
    Ifocus4u wrote: »
    I really enjoy it when a photographer experiments and is obviously having fun!

If you don't mind I'll share my first impressions with you... :D

#1 is wonderful. I really enjoy high key photography and its difficult to do. The only suggestion I would have here is that I'd like to see it as a landscape shot as opposed to the portrait.
    #2 Same again for this one. I love the juxtaposition between the soft marshmallow and the hardened steel of the blade.
    #3 Again a landscape might work best here. I find the loss of detail makes is difficult to really distinguish between the two dogs. This might have a stronger effect if the white dog was lit so it was really white. Sorry but I am not really getting what I feel you want to portray here.
    #4 My fav! Love everything about it. Love the wood and the marshmallow combo!!

The series is great in my eyes. Love what you do! :D

Hi --

Thank you for taking the time to look over my photos and telling me what you think of each one. I really appreciate that :D

I see how the landscape crop might work better. I must of been in a portrait mood when I was cropping these since they're all the same except for the last one.

I'll definitely revisit these again when I edit and try out the landscape crop. Agree with you on #3 --- the white dog should be white.

Thanks again for taking the time to look each photo over and giving me your input on them :D
  • Ifocus4uIfocus4u Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Hi --

Thank you for taking the time to look over my photos and telling me what you think of each one. I really appreciate that :D

I see how the landscape crop might work better. I must of been in a portrait mood when I was cropping these since they're all the same except for the last one.

I'll definitely revisit these again when I edit and try out the landscape crop. Agree with you on #3 --- the white dog should be white.

Thanks again for taking the time to look each photo over and giving me your input on them :D

I am pleased you didn't mind....and you are most welcome. :D
    edited May 10, 2010
    ifocus4u wrote: »
    i am pleased you didn't mind....and you are most welcome. :d

:)