Dusk Pansies

EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
edited April 6, 2010 in Landscapes
Almost all of these are HDR. C&C highly appreciated!

img7811p.jpg

img7807b.jpg

img7801b.jpg

img7771.jpg

img7766f.jpg

Comments

• EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Any opinions? I'd like to know what people think.ne_nau.gif
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Eclipsed wrote:
    Any opinions? I'd like to know what people think.ne_nau.gif

I like them all better with my scroll crop. The trees and sunlight/skylight are just defined enough to draw my attention, and compete with the pansies in the first couple, then the foreground vegetation in number 4, and then the dynamically stretched lichen in number 5 distracts me.

What i like is the slightly bedraggled and less than perfect nature of these pansies, they look more interesting than the lawn-perfect pansies in everyone's cultivated garden, and there are some neat patterns between the pansies and the rocks. Maybe a slightly harsher lighting would emphasize that? More shadows?
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    kolibri wrote:
    I like them all better with my scroll crop. The trees and sunlight/skylight are just defined enough to draw my attention, and compete with the pansies in the first couple, then the foreground vegetation in number 4, and then the dynamically stretched lichen in number 5 distracts me.

What i like is the slightly bedraggled and less than perfect nature of these pansies, they look more interesting than the lawn-perfect pansies in everyone's cultivated garden, and there are some neat patterns between the pansies and the rocks. Maybe a slightly harsher lighting would emphasize that? More shadows?

Thanks for the input thumb.gif I totally agree with what you are saying. I will experiment some more with what you've said in mind.