First Post in Street

lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited April 7, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Hi All,

I thought that I throw 3 images into the ring and see what you think.

829544689_QCPqQ-L.jpg

829540335_4FWbU-L.jpg

811031088_YCZis-L.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Lisa

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 6, 2010
    Hey, welcome to the asylum. wave.gif

#1 is a knockout. The angle, the light, the color are all terrific. clap.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    I find the first one appealing, but the PP is approaching overdone. Not bad, though. While I like the scene in the 3rd one, it's way over PP'd IMO. A matter of taste, I'm sure.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Thank you so much for the welcome and the comments!

Lisa
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    I find the first one appealing, but the PP is approaching overdone. Not bad, though. While I like the scene in the 3rd one, it's way over PP'd IMO. A matter of taste, I'm sure.

Tom
    On any other image I might agree. but on this one I feel it works with the subject, which is in part the art works, which are often similarly over 'PPed'! eek7.gif

Love the lot!thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Welcome wave.gif
    The Asylum can always use/accommodate another inmate rolleyes1.gif

#1 for me too thumb.gif
  • richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    The 3rd is a bit much to me, almost like HDR :-)

The 2nd one, the background is so "muddy" that it reminds me of James Delano. How do you do that? It's a technique I would like to play with...

Thanks,
    Hi All,

829540335_4FWbU-L.jpg

Lisa
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Thank you to everyone for commenting.

Richardman: The technique I used for number 2 is "a bit of this and a bit of that" (sorry, best way to describe it). I really like the orton effect, but sometimes I feel it is too "dreamlike". I used a manual technique (not a ps action) to create the orton effect. Since I did it on multiple layers, I was able to mask off parts so that certain elements stay in focus.

I also dodge and burn via 50% grey layers set to "vivid light, hard light, and/or overlay".

I hope this helps a bit. I am still playing myself, but I think that I have finally found a good starting point.

Lisa
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    I like everything about #1. Somehow the PP suits it IMHO. Great angle and composition too.

Welcome to the Puzzle Factory. Some of us have a piece or two missing but we don't bite. Well, some of us bite but we've had our shots.mwink.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography