Sugar Magnolia

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited April 7, 2010 in People
They all fell off today, and I didn't really have the equipment I needed....(it was in our other car) but sometimes you get what you need, with what you have.

40D EF-S 60mm Macro Sunpak 622 Super Barebulb

829721729_4UEnk-L.jpg

Flash was laying on the ground here, should have had the 4 year old assistant hold it as the 8 year old assistant was making sure his sister didn't fall down or eat petals.

829722049_RAAwC-L.jpg

Flash held by my 8yr old assistant.

829721887_7xFdn-L.jpg

ahhh the tongue.

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    I'd love to see video of that shoot! Sweetest baby! Nice job, even better when you mention your assistants.!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    #1 is the best of this series hands down!!

I am not sure if its because of your flash position or if you did it in post, but the vignetting happening in the bottom corners of # 2 and #3 is distracting. Its degrading these two images for me. And maybe a wider shot with the petals creating more of a frame might have been really nice, especially with the center composition of your baby.

But #1.. Really nice! The bokeh and the framing of the trees in the background is very cool. Like you said lighting could have been a little different and you could have probably got rid of the harsh shadows, but you do what you can with with what you got at the time!

Brandon
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    Such a cute "Baby Blurmore"! Loving #1 as well. What a precious. The tongue shots are always fun...it's like they just discovered how to stick it out :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    Thanks all,

everyone digging 1 just confirms that my concept for it was good. My mother bought her this outfit as a "second" Easter dress, I really liked it because it is cotton and has a very old school look. I wish I wasn't dodging (not literally, photographically) cars and things in the close background, and that I had a umbrella. The barebulb does add something to the old school look of it, like a handle flash. I really wish I could have shown some more Magnolia petals in this, but I had to get really close to keep parked cars out of the frame. She just started sitting up, so it serves as a milestone portrait, and maybe not the most technically awesome portrait, still a very cool shot that everyone seems to like.
  • MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    I love dresses with smocking on them. Too cute. I love all the photos the only thing I would suggest is taking off her shoe / booties - baby feet are just too precious to hide.