Baby Blue

DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited April 7, 2010 in People
One of my twin boys.. Riley.. Would really like some feedback on his one. I really like it, would like to know what it does for others?

826959127_aTJPK-L.jpg

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Heh....baby is missing half his face :D Yea, I know...artistic....guess I never cared for half face shots...to each his own....the positive is, the half that's seen is in focus!thumb.gifD:D:D:D:D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Hate to differ with ya, Dave, but..... I like it! iloveyou.gif

Love the processing and your dof is perfect!
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    The first thing I saw was that GORGEOUS blue eye, how enchanting.

I personally love it, I wouldn't make the crop *quite* so on the exact half, maybe show a bit more of the nose/mouth, but not the other eye.

That's almost our Christmas card from '09, my six year old with a Santa hat on (the ball of the hat on the side of the face we showed, obviously) with him looking dead into the camera. Due to him being impatient and not wanting to play with us anymore, our background was a faded gray/green instead of stark white, but it worked great against the hat. We put "Merry Christmas to you and yours" with our name and got all KINDS of compliments on it!! (We did the same thing for his birthday invites in October as well, we let him design those, he picked the font and everything, quite awesome for my future graphic designer)

The shots definitely a keeper! See if you can't get one of the other twin, but using the left side ;)
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    Thanks Everyone for the encouraging comments thus far! I figured there would be some conflicts regarding the composition or crop but thats ok!!

@ l.k.madison - Your Xmas card idea sounds great!! I had also thought about taking the opposite picture of the other twin, and maybe putting them together on opposite ends of the photo or something lol might look good!? But thanks for the idea!

Brandon
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    I love it!! Really pops! From the soft blue blanket to that sweet little face--the comp is gorgeous! Everyone knows what symmetry is on the other side and this is just so adorable!
    edited April 7, 2010
    kidzmom wrote:
    I love it!! Really pops! From the soft blue blanket to that sweet little face--the comp is gorgeous! Everyone knows what symmetry is on the other side and this is just so adorable!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a compliment!! I highly appreciate it!!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    I like the blue that echoes the eye color and iris texture so well. A very serious baby!!
    I like the overall image, but with that huge blue space, I was feeling like there should be a greeting or an ad in the space. Perhaps a 1x1 crop would reduce that effect.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    Hate to differ with ya, Dave, but..... I like it! iloveyou.gif

Love the processing and your dof is perfect!

+ 1 thumb.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    I like the shot a lot as an artistic piece..the colors, textures, etc but I don't like it much as cute baby shot.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited April 7, 2010
    Qarik wrote:
    I like the shot a lot as an artistic piece..the colors, textures, etc but I don't like it much as cute baby shot.

I leave the cute baby shots for mommy... Haha no just kidding. I was going for more of an artistic, impactful image on this one. Something that had that "Wow Factor" to it? Thanks for the comments!!

@ Angie - Thank you as well!

@adbsgicom - I agree that the image feels like there should be something in that empty space like an ad.. but I also like the empty space as well. I havent tried a square crop on this one, I might give that a look! Thanks for the advice, and your comments!!
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    well i certainly like it but agree maybe it has a little too much empty space? either way, kinda cool thumb.gifthumb