Lazy Days of Summer-Relaxing!

KimRKimR Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited August 15, 2005 in People
I love the look on my sons' face here!
I was trying to shoot some shots on a background and he continued to plop onto the grass... quickly I snapped this shot!
Did have to PS the grass and lighten it up some, it was a little dark (still learning on that so I know that could have been better!)... so much learning to do!! (I also attached the original)

Like I said if it was planned... I might have had him look at me instead of away, but as quick as he went down to the grass, he was back up and running!

30868456-M.jpg

The original:
30856408-M.jpg

photo info:
http://ruettgers.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=30856408

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    KimR wrote:
    I love the look on my sons' face here!
    I was trying to shoot some shots on a background and he continued to plop onto the grass... quickly I snapped this shot!
    Did have to PS the grass and lighten it up some, it was a little dark (still learning on that so I know that could have been better!)... so much learning to do!! (I also attached the original)

Like I said if it was planned... I might have had him look at me instead of away, but as quick as he went down to the grass, he was back up and running!

The original:

photo info:
    http://ruettgers.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=30856408
    you captured it.. he's adorale.. looks like he keeps you on your toes:D clap.gif
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Personally I like the original. Maybe instead of putting grass in the background try to blur it to give it a shorter DOF. I also like that he is not looking at the camera, it makes it look more candid.

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of blurring the background a little, sharpening the foreground, and brightening it a little. What do you think?

31931996-M.jpg
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • KimRKimR Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    Personally I like the original. Maybe instead of putting grass in the background try to blur it to give it a shorter DOF. I also like that he is not looking at the camera, it makes it look more candid.

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of blurring the background a little, sharpening the foreground, and brightening it a little. What do you think?
    I do like the background blurred some... Don't mind at all...
    The more I looked at it the more I liked the original too (honestly if that plant wasn't behind his head...ugh)

Thanks.... and YES he keeps us very much on his toes!!