Vintage Ferrari

woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
edited April 8, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I captured this shot in the garages at New Jersey Motorsports Park during the Ferrari Challenge last year (sorry I don't have the beautiful concourse backround that Black Mamba provides :cry ) I'm told the value is in the millions, and this is one vintage car that didn't make it out onto the track (most others did). Anyone who can provide more info please jump in.

653660692_7jZg2-L-2.jpg
Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    Hi Dave,

Very nice shot. This car is a 250 Testa Rossa, probably from 1957....could be 1958. I think there were only about 20 of these things made and you're right....it's worth millions. It was designed by Scaglletti and, after the 250 GTO, it is the next most sought-after Ferrari.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    A Testarose sold last year for $12 million. I'm not real up on old Ferraris but the other one looks like a 250 GTO of mid-'60s vintage and so that would be several million more parked there. Cool that you got a chance to shoot them even if the conditions were less than ideal (you might consider cloning out the guy mooning the camera). :D

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    Thanks for the info guys. I just love the sexy curves in these older designs. I think I'll arrange for a lunar eclipse on the fellow in the back rolleyes1.gif . The 10 car did race that weekend (bucks on the track). I don't know if it's proper, but I will say that there are many more pics from the Ferrari Challenge weekend on my site in the events / NJMP events 2009 galleries. the link to my site is below and thanks again for the info. Time to do some research.
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan