Las Vegas has mountains too!

YetishotYetishot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited April 10, 2010 in Landscapes
Ok, here we go! My first picture post here on DG! My favorite thing to do is mountain bike followed by taking pictures when Im out there. This shot is on a trail named Rusty Bucket and is one of my favorites. Taken with a D50 and 18-70 lens. This will be one of my last shots with the D50 as I await the D90 in the mail. There is some creative lighting in this shot, hope I didnt over do it:wink

818540844_pU6td-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    Hey I like the creative lighting! And is it bad that my first thought was "Wow how do you bike through that terrain with a camera?" lol3.gif

Gorgeous view. Hope to see more!
  • YetishotYetishot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    Hey I like the creative lighting! And is it bad that my first thought was "Wow how do you bike through that terrain with a camera?" lol3.gif

Gorgeous view. Hope to see more!

Thanks Schmoo, the quality of work on these forums is amazing but I thought this picture wasnt too badheadscratch.gif I have ridden all over the southwest with my D50 and never came close to breaking it(I think)
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    Nice shot. Where is that trail located?
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • YetishotYetishot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    Nice shot. Where is that trail located?

Cottonwood Valley on the back side of Blue Diamond NV
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Cool shot. I like the bike in the foreground. Enjoy the D90 when it arrives and post more pics. :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Thwack wrote:
    Cool shot. I like the bike in the foreground. Enjoy the D90 when it arrives and post more pics. :D
    15524779-Ti.gif - this is a very cool shot and adding the bike in the foreground was a good thought. The bike give the image a sense of depth that would not be there if the bike were missing. Very nice! Oh, and the PP is not over-done.
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Nice shot! I have ridden out near Boulder City and had a great time, Vegas does surprisingly have some good singletrack.

I vary between carrying one of my SLRs or my P&S strapped to my Camelbak on rides. I think I might get a nicer P&S (Sigma DP1) to start carrying on rides more. Too many times I don't feel like lugging an SLR and want to take pics.

Looking forward to more shots!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    I think it is excellent! I agree about leaving the bike in the shot--that really gives the image some depth and context. Colors are nice and I think the lighting is good too.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com