Options

Which Is Better?

REDpixelREDpixel Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited August 13, 2005 in Holy Macro
Need some opinions please :):

Which of these 2 do you like better?

Btw, this is my Shepherd Girl, Shiloh, who LOVES to play the hose game!

31936779-M.jpg

OR.....

31936786-M.jpg

Thanks.

Ingrid
Wandering Tornado Alley
My Gallery :shay

Comments

• Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    REDpixel wrote:
    Need some opinions please :):

Which of these 2 do you like better?

Btw, this is my Shepherd Girl, Shiloh, who LOVES to play the hose game!

Thanks.

Ingrid
    clap.gifthumb.gif

I LOVE both, however TWO is better, better composition, and some eyes visible. With that said however I will give you some feedback I got on another forum once. This looks like two pictures out a great series, or a great idea/concept, but neither one is 'it' yet. Assuming you have the opportunity to do this again, and she loves the hoseplay, I would burn some serious amount of shots on this, and get the one picture that is 'it'. If you decide not to do so, these are still FANTASTIC, they tell a story.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2005
    Thanks a lot XO. I am drawn to the second one too because it looks like she is winking :): I like that it tells a story.

It's hard taking these since I have the hose in one hand and the camera in the other. I sort of prefocus, get as much DOF as I can and still have a high enough shutter speed to get the action - and go! The lens always gets wet along the way, but not as much as the dog rolleyes1.gif

Ingrid
    Wandering Tornado Alley
  • Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    REDpixel wrote:
    Thanks a lot XO. I am drawn to the second one too because it looks like she is winking :): I like that it tells a story.

It's hard taking these since I have the hose in one hand and the camera in the other. I sort of prefocus, get as much DOF as I can and still have a high enough shutter speed to get the action - and go! The lens always gets wet along the way, but not as much as the dog rolleyes1.gif

Ingrid
    In all honesty, I like this concept so much, I would pursuit it with an additional handler (the person holding the hose/interacting with dog) so you can shoot to your hearts content.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2005
    Sounds like a plan and Shiloh is thrilled :D Have to start shooting as soon as hubby comes back from Bonneville (Speed Week).

Here is a "dry" version of Shiloh (not my "dry" entry) rolleyes1.gif

31393506-L-1.jpg
    Wandering Tornado Alley