Little Ladies

kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
edited April 9, 2010 in People
Hi all,
Just wanted to share a few from the other day. Any CC is appreciated! :D
Kelly

#1 (I couldn't resist adding the quote and texture on this)

831764651_HN8Af-L.jpg

831764983_WZkAX-L.jpg

#3 *just added
831892687_LyUMK-L.jpg

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    These are lovely. A suggestion that came to mind the moment upon viewing.....these would go to the next level with a texture overlay & some burnt edging.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Gosh #1 looks like a greeting card, nice work!! Love the quote too.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Both are sweet, but #1 is crazy-good. thumb.gif
    The second one lacks some of the connection that the first one has, I think because the younger is looking one way, and the elder another. Still a sweet moment....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Oooh.... I looove #1. beautiful! (Hang it on your wall for me, okay?)iloveyou.gif
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Thank you Swartzy, Andrew, Trudy and Heather iloveyou.gif

Swartzy...I think I need to be a bit more bold with my textures. Thanks for that input. I agree with you completely! That first one actually does have a texture (and burned edges too done via correct camera distortion and darken)..Lol. I need to rework that with a bit more "ooomph" so that it pops!!! Thanks for the input.

Trudy...maybe I can print this on a greeting card for grandma, that is a great idea. And "Grandma" aka Heather... okay, okay I'll print this. I never print anything (isn't that a shame). I don't know if it is just me but I just find peace knowing my images are on about 3 differnt hard drives and never end up printing...(am I the only one there?)

Andrew...okay--it was YOUR post the other day that inspired me to do this shoot. Your dd and mine are around the same age and I just ADORED those bluebonnet shots. Too bad we don't have any here in France. I had to settle for a murky pond.

I did a bw conversion of a differnt shot that maybe gives a bit more connection--I agree with you Andrew that the 2nd lacked connection. I thought this was a cute moment.

For this shot I used the masking tool, a texture with darker edges and scratches througout, then slightly burned edges and warmed up the bw conversion. Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!
    Kelly

831892687_LyUMK-L.jpg
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Really love the hands on both of them, and the little foot-pop on your youngest! Looks like a very candid moment.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Really love the hands on both of them, and the little foot-pop on your youngest! Looks like a very candid moment.

Andrew, you have such a great eye to notice dd#2's foot. Actually....that was one thing I adored in this shot!! She is 3 and her shoes are on the WRONG feet. There are a few where it is more noticeable...It is SO her! And she never lets me fix her shoes either mwink.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    #1 is beauuuutiful iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

(Not too crazy about the bird eye view in #2)