Gurgling stream and False Hellebore (9 images))

EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
edited April 9, 2010 in Landscapes
I had to go out and try my Sigma 10-20mm even though it was drizzling. Here are the results.

As always, C&C is extremely helpful.

img8350v.jpg

img8343.jpg

img8341.jpg

img8339w.jpg

img8307n.jpg

img8298l.jpg

img8295g.jpg

img8278z.jpg

img8277k.jpg

Comments

• ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Looks like a great place to shoot. I love super-wide lenses (I recently picked up Nikon's 10-24).

The problem I've had with super-wide shots is sometimes the shots look a bit distorted. I noticed a faint effect in a couple of your shots that might be the same general effect (looks like the trees lean outward more than they should).

Since I haven't been to the place you shot, I can't tell if the trees really do lean like that or if it's caused by the lens.

Still, they're nice shots!
  • EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Thwack wrote:
    Looks like a great place to shoot. I love super-wide lenses (I recently picked up Nikon's 10-24).

The problem I've had with super-wide shots is sometimes the shots look a bit distorted. I noticed a faint effect in a couple of your shots that might be the same general effect (looks like the trees lean outward more than they should).

Since I haven't been to the place you shot, I can't tell if the trees really do lean like that or if it's caused by the lens.

Still, they're nice shots!

It's mainly the trees but there is some distortion coming into play. I tend to like distortion to a certain degree, though. It is easy to fix if it doesn't work with a shot and that's nice.
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    Another thing to consider trying with your new super-wide is an extension ring. I noticed you used the lens for a couple closeup shots and an extension ring really helps there.

A buddy of mine shoots with the Panasonic's micro 4/3rds format camera and uses a very small extension ring plus an adapter that lets him use a 20mm prime for really nice closeup shots. He has proper macro gear as well, but I prefer the greater DOF that comes from using the super-wide plus extension ring.

Enjoy your new lens. :D