FS: Canon 70-300 IS USM (or trade toward 300mm f/4)

noahcometnoahcomet Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited April 13, 2010 in House of Canon
NOTE: THIS LENS IS SOLD, PENDING PAYMENT, AS OF 4/14/2010

Mint condition (bought new in late Feb, barely used, and always with [included] UV filter)

Canon f/4-5.6 Image Stabilizer USM 300mm lens. Lens focuses fast and is quite sharp (especially at f/8, I've discovered). The Image Stabilizer is amazing (I'd never get a telephoto lens without it now) and has two modes (normal and one for moving-targets). Another nice feature is the lens lock that prevents the lens from extending while not in use.

I've taken some amazing pictures with this lens but as I'm getting more addicted to birding, I'm getting ready to jump to the 300mm IS prime f/4 L lens. If you have that lens and are looking to downshift, let me know and maybe we can work out a trade deal (I'll supplement with cash, of course). Or for sale:

$500 (including UPS Ground to lower 48).

Includes lens hood, filter, all caps, and original box with unused warranty card. Pristine and in perfect working order. More pictures of the lens and samples of pictures I've taken with it are available upon request. (This website only allows me to upload one pic.)

noahcomet@gmail.com

Comments

• noahcometnoahcomet Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    Lowered Price
    Anyone interested at $450?

Ah, and I see how I can add more pics!
    noahcomet wrote:
    Mint condition (bought new in late Feb, barely used, and always with [included] UV filter)

Canon f/4-5.6 Image Stabilizer USM 300mm lens. Lens focuses fast and is quite sharp (especially at f/8, I've discovered). The Image Stabilizer is amazing (I'd never get a telephoto lens without it now) and has two modes (normal and one for moving-targets). Another nice feature is the lens lock that prevents the lens from extending while not in use.

I've taken some amazing pictures with this lens but as I'm getting more addicted to birding, I'm getting ready to jump to the 300mm IS prime f/4 L lens. If you have that lens and are looking to downshift, let me know and maybe we can work out a trade deal (I'll supplement with cash, of course). Or for sale:

$500 (including UPS Ground to lower 48).

Includes lens hood, filter, all caps, and original box with unused warranty card. Pristine and in perfect working order. More pictures of the lens and samples of pictures I've taken with it are available upon request. (This website only allows me to upload one pic.)

noahcomet@gmail.com
    edited April 10, 2010
    Here's a picture taken with the lens (at 300mm, f/5.6). This is scaled down a bit, but still shows off some of the sharpness and the bokeh.

noahcomet wrote:
    Anyone interested at $450?

Ah, and I see how I can add more pics!
  • Greg49Greg49 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Canon 70-300 IS lens
    Good afternoon noahcomet. I am pretty new to photography (about a year now) and I have been reading quite abit about different lenses. I have a Canon 40D with the kit lens of 28-135 and my wife bought a 50mm prime for me last Christmas. I am thinking about starting a photography business, but am very nervous in doing so. I would like to take a variety of shots for samples and to do this, I am pretty limited with what I have so far. So I am looking to save up and purchase two more lenses and this is one of them; the other is a wide angle lens. I would hate to disrespect you with this, but would you take $375.00 or $400.00 for it? It would help me out tremendously. Thank you, Greg.
  • scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Greg, welcome to Digital Grin! thumb.gif

Normally, any communication related to the purchase of equipment listed in these forums should be done directly with the seller, via email or private mail (PM).

TIA!/ScottGee1
  • Greg49Greg49 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Oops, my bad.
    Thank you ScottGee1. Sorry bout that, first time posting.ne_nau.gif
    edited April 12, 2010
    Greg49 wrote:
    Thank you ScottGee1. Sorry bout that, first time posting.ne_nau.gif

No worries---for future reference, please email me through this forum or at noahcomet at gmail (dot com)
  • scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    "noahcomment" . . . where have I heard that name before . . . oh yeah . . . common amongst politicians and celebutards on their way to rehab again!

:D