A few from Pikes Place

HBOCHBOC Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited April 12, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Saw this guy across from the Pikes' Place Starbucks. Had a huge crowd (when isn't there a huge crowd at Pikes Place?), so i had to hurry. Shot with XSi 24-105L

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    A really good shot in the making.
    Try not to hurry so much :D
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 12, 2010
    HBOC wrote:
    Saw this guy across from the Pikes' Place Starbucks. Had a huge crowd (when isn't there a huge crowd at Pikes Place?), so i had to hurry. Shot with XSi 24-105L

Welcome to Dgrin, HBOC wave.gif. It's not easy to tell from such a small version, but it looks to me like the instructor is not well-focused. I'm guessing the auto-focus locked on to the lettering, since it likes high-contrast lines. Keep shooting, but as Ben suggested, take your time. thumb.gif
  • NiepceNiepce Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    it looks to me like the instructor is not well-focused. I'm guessing the auto-focus locked on to the lettering

The DOF should have been more than enough to cover both the 'instructor' and his board. This looks more like a movement blur (movement of the subject, that is). My 2 cents advice to HBOC would be to 1) get closer, and 2) use a faster speed, even if it means the photo is underexposed -- this can easily be corrected in PP.