TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited April 11, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
832554988_Sozr5-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    I like the shot. One thing you have to concede to the Mexican " art " is that it is usually colorful. I've been by that place you're shooting many times, but I've never stopped in. Next time, I think I'll stop and snoop around.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    Nice picture!

I think the cat blends to the background so much that it is easily overlooked…

I like the colours of the pottery, but I think they take the viewer's attention away from the cat…

I wonder how it would look in B&W ?

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Nice picture!

I think the cat blends to the background so much that it is easily overlooked…

I like the colours of the pottery, but I think they take the viewer's attention away from the cat…

I wonder how it would look in B&W ?

thumb.gif

- Wil

You can find cats to photograph all over the place. Garishly colored pottery, though, is harder to find.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    If you want to shoot pictures of cats, come to my house: We have thirteen for you to choose from and three of them look almost exactly like the one above. (We call those three our "Sea of Orange.") :D

Most people don't like a divided picture, but I usually do, depending on the reason. This is one I like a lot. I like the dichotomy of bright, festive and almost garish colors compared to the nearly comatose cat who seems completely nonplussed and unimpressed by them. In fact, he seems totally bored, having seen them over and over and over, ad nauseum.

I think this is a great picture. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    I really like this :D and I'm in agreement with Lee...the cat seems unimpressed with what is around him/her.

Does it have one toe too many on it's left paw?
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    I really like this :D and I'm in agreement with Lee...the cat seems unimpressed with what is around him/her.

Does it have one toe too many on it's left paw?

Mary Kim I thought the same thing! Extra toes.

Again very nice capture--I like all the busy pottery work above the cat.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    If you want to shoot pictures of cats, come to my house: We have thirteen for you to choose from and three of them look almost exactly like the one above. (We call those three our "Sea of Orange.") :D

Most people don't like a divided picture, but I usually do, depending on the reason. This is one I like a lot. I like the dichotomy of bright, festive and almost garish colors compared to the nearly comatose cat who seems completely nonplussed and unimpressed by them. In fact, he seems totally bored, having seen them over and over and over, ad nauseum.

I think this is a great picture. thumb.gif

Comatose? This cat? I think this cat was on speed compared to other cats. I distinctly saw the cat's left ear twitch. I had to adjust the camera speed to account for this untoward hyperactive movement of the cat's.