Best from today...

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited April 16, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Well, except for the portrait of Opus the dachshund, but posting that would be pushing the Street and PJ envelope waaay too far....:rofl :rofl

832758368_hUK6i-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    One of the best compositions I've ever seen from you, just on an abstract level. Very very nice.
    If not now, when?
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    Just wonderful on so many levels.

Virginia

Email
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Beauty! I have to get out more.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    This is a terrific shot...very interesting and well composed. It's like we're getting a peek at a world within a world.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 11, 2010
    This is a terrific shot...very interesting and well composed. It's like we're getting a peek at a world within a world.

15524779-Ti.gif Very nicely seen and executed. One nit is the thingy in the lower right corner--I don't know what it is, but I would clone it out.
  • NiepceNiepce Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Great shot! I love how the bicycle wheels painted on the floor 'echo' the round and bold letters on the window. thumb.gif
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Terrific on so many levels.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Well, except for the portrait of Opus the dachshund, but posting that would be pushing the Street and PJ envelope waaay too far....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

832758368_hUK6i-X2.jpg

Thank you all - I just never know - whether I'm right, and what others will think mwink.gif

And, Richard - what you are seeing is the Vespa's brake and handlebar end - were it an advertising set up, I'd probably clone it out. But as a street shot - I don't do no steenkin' cloning! rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    You do realise it's a form of torture taking pictures out in front of Tosci's when I have absolutely no hope of tasting their delectable ice cream in the foreseeable future. Damn you B. D. :moon mwink.gif
    edited April 12, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    You do realise it's a form of torture taking pictures out in front of Tosci's when I have absolutely no hope of tasting their delectable ice cream in the foreseeable future. Damn you B. D. :moon mwink.gif
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Tosci's is my "office" for meeting with MIT students. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    it's interesting to me but not compelling. you have taken what would have been a very ordinary shot of man eating something and used the trickery of a miror reflection to make it more interesting! apply your own standard...if the mirror wasn't there...what have you got?

it's like pair of white athletic socks wrapped in very fancy wrapping paper. leaves me wanting.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited April 16, 2010
    Qarik wrote:
    it's interesting to me but not compelling. you have taken what would have been a very ordinary shot of man eating something and used the trickery of a miror reflection to make it more interesting! apply your own standard...if the mirror wasn't there...what have you got?

it's like pair of white athletic socks wrapped in very fancy wrapping paper. leaves me wanting.

Yes, of course I would have taken it without the mirror - because we would still be wondering about the woman coming in from the side. But to each his own. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com